Homebrew Game Recording Homebrew..

Zaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any homebrew that make it so you can record the gameplay directly from your gameboy, and then save them onto your SD card?(using Supercard Ds for example)
Thanks.
yaynds.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure this is possible because that means you have to run the homebrew & the game at the same time
which i have never heard of before

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not powerful enough to run both. Hell, I think running in-game cheats or real time save etc. makes it go slower. Hell, even the PSP which is way powerful, it can't do that for it's own games, it can only screenshot.

sconethief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:
It's not powerful enough to run both. Hell, I think running in-game cheats or real time save etc. makes it go slower. Hell, even the PSP which is way powerful, it can't do that for it's own games, it can only screenshot.
The psp can actually, It just slows it down
smile.gif

yaypsp.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the PSP has an operating system running in the background, so you can run both the screen capture application and the game at the same time. With the DS, as soon as the game is loaded, whatever was previously running gets shut out of memory. Thus, an application like this isn't really feasible.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
God, did ANY of you thoroughly read the post? HE SAID GAMEBOY, NOT DS. ffs, learn to read.

While theoretically possible, I don't believe an existing program has been made that can do this.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
The PSP is powerful enough to record gameplay. Dissidia records your battles and save them on your memory card. But we're talking about homebrew, not games..
Technically it just saves the data. Brawl's replays work the same way. It just saves the inputs done, then plays them back.

You're not going to find this homebrew. The only way you're doing that is running the game through an emulator on your computer and using a screen capture program like Hypercam.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Praetor192 said:
God, did ANY of you thoroughly read the post? HE SAID GAMEBOY, NOT DS. ffs, learn to read.

While theoretically possible, I don't believe an existing program has been made that can do this.
Calm down mate. When a person asks a question in the "NDS - Homebrew Games & Applications" section, one would generally assume that he is referring to NDS. He could have just gotten the terms mixed up.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Almost impossible, unless you could somehow film during the game (which I really doubt), close the game after you're done and then save it to the card.

I think he is either referring to filming a GBA game on DS or filming a DS game. Either way, it's NDS homebrew.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What I got from the OP is that he wanted to record Gameboy footage (presumably from an emulator) on his DS. I don't think that is impossible, as you can already change how the emulator works on the DS.

@edgedancer
I'm calm...
The reason it would be in NDS section is because he wants the recording done on a DS.

In any event, whatever the goal or objective may be, the best (and easiest) way to do it would be on a PC.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Praetor192 said:
What I got from the OP is that he wanted to record Gameboy footage (presumably from an emulator) on his DS.

I think he just confused the term "Gameboy" with "DS" tbh.

QUOTEdirectly from your gameboy

codemonke85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praetor192 said:
I'm calm...
The reason it would be in NDS section is because he wants the recording done on a DS.

Right, but if loading an NDS program wipes everything else out of memory, and the emulator as well as the recorder are separate NDS files, then obviously they wouldn't be able to function together.

Maybe if a Gameboy emulator was fitted with a recording option? I doubt that'll happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ