psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hate them both
It's boring to hit an enemy and stupidly wait for your character to get hit.
What happens if your attack misses? Then your character still waits a whole turn for your enemy to strike.
There is no reason for your character to die. It's the character's stupidity that causes them to die, not the actual player. The players do choose the action the character will perform, but in a real fight, a character is supposed to attack while defending from an enemy.
But what is with this turn based RPGs? Why does your character level up to lvl 50 but still have to wait until the enemies have their turn to attack?
The whole concept is stupid.
but JRPGs are even worse. Everytime they make a new game, they try to "improve" the game by adding more stuff, which only turns out to kill the gameplay.
And what's with the SRPGs? Why does the enemy always outnumber the player but the player still wins? Why are enemies always weaker than the players so the players HAVE TO win?
That's why I stick to real time games, which you don't have to find yourself attacking an enemy and waiting for an enemy to strike back. I'll rather want to be able to control a group or a single character where I am able to perform an action anytime I want.

oh btw
reason why i hate ff3
battles take forever and you encounter enemies every 5 seconds on the map.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I like them both, given that the game doesn't restrict how much you can grind and customize your characters. One of the best part in playing RPGs is leveling up, personally.

I don't like SRPGs that you must follow a fixed story battles without any sidequests/skirmishes to level up / gather gold / etc.

I also don't like limiting grinding like how Lost Odyssey drops EXP gain to 2% once you hit a certain level above your enemies. (And in the next area, the monsters you encounter are not much stronger if at all, but yield you 100% EXP a la instant level up.)

Two of my favorite SRPGs are FFT series and Disgaea series. Both offer excellent grind and customize opportunities.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I definitely prefer JRPG to SRPG. Most SRPG I just can't get into for some reason.

My first choice will always be ARPG in JPN style though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34