Game only opens when I delete romfs_metadata.bin

TheMemester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a mod for Metroid Dread that edits a single file in romfs (config.ini). For some reason, the game does not open each time until I go into the contents/titleid folder and delete the romfs_metadata.bin file. This holds true whether or not the contents/titleid/romfs/config.ini file is there or not — the game will not boot if there is a romfs_metadata.bin file present, and will boot if there is not one. When the game does boot when the config.ini file is there, the mod works as expected. It's really annoying to have to ftp into my switch to delete the file every time I play the game, so I'm wondering what can be done about this. Thanks!

TheMemester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That file is a"caché" of the romfs files. So if you are modifying the contents folder of a title, better start from scratch and delete all files including romfs_metadata.bin
Sorry, let me be more specific — if I delete the romfs_metadata.bin, it opens, and makes a new romfs_metadata.bin, *and then won't open again.* With no modification of the romfs folder, I still have to delete the file every single time I open the game.

Reactions: orangpelupa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs