Hacking Game not transferring to emuMMC?

thenamedhuman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a game on OFW and wanted to use it with a homebrew app on my emuMMC, I have nintendo_path set to Nintendo in emummc.ini, and all my other games have transferred successfully, except for the game I bought. It is there on OFW, but when I switch to emuMMC, it is not there. If I go back to OFW, the game shows up on the home menu but is uninstalled. How can I get the game to my emuMMC, preferably not with a 2 hour file transfer.

Edit: i just realized how vague the title is. sorry

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a game on OFW and wanted to use it with a homebrew app on my emuMMC, I have nintendo_path set to Nintendo in emummc.ini, and all my other games have transferred successfully, except for the game I bought. It is there on OFW, but when I switch to emuMMC, it is not there. If I go back to OFW, the game shows up on the home menu but is uninstalled. How can I get the game to my emuMMC, preferably not with a 2 hour file transfer.

Edit: i just realized how vague the title is. sorry

NXSD2NSPDumper will do it if you make a copy of your Sysnand on sd card using NXnandManager or Emutool.

A bit of a hassle though and might take longer than sourcing an essentially identical nsp backup of the game elsewhere…

Edit: In theory you could create a new copy of your Sysnand to Emunand every time you buy a game but man…what a hassle.

thenamedhuman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NXSD2NSPDumper will do it if you make a copy of your Sysnand on sd card using NXnandManager or Emutool.

A bit of a hassle though and might take longer than sourcing an essentially identical nsp backup of the game elsewhere…

Edit: In theory you could create a new copy of your Sysnand to Emunand every time you buy a game but man…what a hassle.
Thanks for the info, though I just realized I can move the Nintendo folder to my emuMMC and have an empty one on root , if I want to play a game on OFW (rare), I can just redownload. People here so so helpful and friendly. Thanks for the help.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You would need to dump the game from sysmmc and install on emummc, or re-create a new emummc. Otherwise you *might* be able to copy system save data 80000000000000E0 to 80000000000000E4 from sysmmc to emummc (get there with tegra explorer or mounting emmc with hekate, or something), to transfer ticket, records and license to emummc, but I don't know if that will work as there might be additional stuff needed. Make a backup just in case it breaks something of course, doing this will wipe anything you might have installed on emummc and replace with a copy of what sysmmc has.

If your emummc doesn't have your Nintendo account linked on it though, then don't even bother. I'd say it's unlikely the license will work unless the associated Nintendo account is present (then again I'm speaking out of my ass because I don't actually know. You could try, I suppose.)

Less hassle to just dump as nsp from sysmmc, lots of ways to do that without having to boot into syscfw (although doing so just for dumping should be safe, but you might prefer not to risk it.)

Reactions: binkinator

thenamedhuman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to dump the game from sysmmc and install on emummc, or re-create a new emummc. Otherwise you *might* be able to copy system save data 80000000000000E0 to 80000000000000E4 from sysmmc to emummc (get there with tegra explorer or mounting emmc with hekate, or something), to transfer ticket, records and license to emummc, but I don't know if that will work as there might be additional stuff needed. Make a backup just in case it breaks something of course, doing this will wipe anything you might have installed on emummc and replace with a copy of what sysmmc has.

If your emummc doesn't have your Nintendo account linked on it though, then don't even bother. I'd say it's unlikely the license will work unless the associated Nintendo account is present (then again I'm speaking out of my ass because I don't actually know. You could try, I suppose.)

Less hassle to just dump as nsp from sysmmc, lots of ways to do that without having to boot into syscfw (although doing so just for dumping should be safe, but you might prefer not to risk it.)
Ignore what I said before, how can I dump an nsp without syscfw? If its complicated i'm fine using it, but would rather not.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See above, man. Those tools allow you to fold, spindle and mutilate nand copies. You just need 30G free on your SD card to back up your Sysnand to a files based emunand and from the dumped Emunand you can dump your game without tainting your Sysnand.

edit: I still recommend grabbing a backup copy because it will get you the same nsp file of the game you just bought. What you’re proposing is piracy with extra steps. Might as well just pull your hair back in a bandana, clench your knife in your teeth and get on board the good ship lollipop.

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: