Game looping with R5SDHC ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 3dsnaab, Jun 19, 2015.

1. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    Hi guys, I recently purshased an R5SDHC lipnkper fopr my new 3ds xl it came with a 16Gb kingston sdcard, so i installed games on the microsd card with DiskWriter but when i put the linker on the 3ds the games start showing but it immdiatly loop and it never stops i tried everything please help me :'(

Ps : Sorry for my bad english

2. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Burn it and buy a sky3ds...

I think the sky3ds/r5sdhc had problems with kingston sdcards, but I'm not sure. Try a different sdcard.

Last edited by dedChar, Jun 19, 2015
    3dsnaab and MAXLEMPIRA like this.
  3. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    Q: The roms load for a few seconds then unload and go to the next rom,the card just automatically cycles through every rom I have.What's wrong with that?
    A: Just hold the button for 5 seconds and press "A" to enter that game while its icon to pop up on screen.

3dsnaab likes this.
  4. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    Ok Thanks i will try with a different sdcard

It didn't work for me dude :/

5. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    Guys when i download a rom i put it directly to the sdcard with diskwriter or i have to modify something ?

6. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    If you want to play online, you need to use a private header so you won't get banned.

7. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    Nah i don't play opnline

8. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    Make sure that the backups are the same region as the console (i.e. EUR 3DS -> EUR ROMs).

9. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    Ok i didn't know that so thank you

I think that i found a solution, when i write eeprom=no on the sdcard the game works perfectly so know i'm searching for an eeprom coverter if it's exist!!!!!!

10. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
  11. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I don't think you can convert card2 games to card1

12. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    This is making me crazy dude i have an r5 and i can't even play with it

13. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Did you try other games? And what game are you even trying to play?

3dsnaab likes this.
  14. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire EU.cia
    The Lapins Crétins 3D.3ds
    Disney.Frozen.Olafs.Quest.3DS-BigBlueBox

15. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Cia files are meant to be installed onto the 3DS and not played directly. It is not possible to use CIAs with Sky3DS or any of its clones like the R5

dedChar and 3dsnaab like this.
  16. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    Ah ok so i download only EURO "3ds" games that are eeprom=no ?

17. kurodax

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    Why people want to buy R5 ?

10 games limitation?
    It was speculated for a while what the “10 games limitation” meant on these cartridges. It means exactly what their FAQ is saying: the Sky3DS and the R5SDHC will let you use 10 games, not one more. If you want to play an 11th game, you can’t delete a game from your Micro SD and replace it with a new one. Instead, you’ll have to buy another R5 cartridge, to support 10 more games. This is because somehow the R5 keeps track of how many games you have used with it, and has a hardcoded stop at “10”. This is not a limitation of the hack or the hardware, but an intentional limit put in place to make people buy more of the R5. It also makes it difficult to resell the device on the second-hand market.

I’ve mentioned that the device can currently be found for about $110 on retailer websites (not including shipping). This means you literally pay an average of $11 per game you pirate backup with this device. At this price point, this makes the device slightly unattractive. A majority of 3DS games can be purchased for less than $25, and a significant amount can be found today, used, for less than $11. The choice will be up to gamers, if they are willing to give $11 per game to pirates, or $25 to the actual game creators. I think my opinion on this subject is pretty clear.

With all the above being said, some people have found ways to bypass the 10 roms limitation, and actually install up to 100 Roms on the R5 (provided you have a big enough Micro SD). The R5 official site has admitted the bug, confirming the steps to add up to 100 roms on their device. They also mentioned the next batch of devices will probably not have this flaw. A smart marketing move, that will probably guarantee people will rush to buy the R5 rather than its competitors. From a pure pricing point of view, a 100 Roms limitation makes the device much more viable, pricing piracy at $1.1 per game, the cost of a casual game on itunes. Too bad for 3DS developers, good for pirates.

I have not confirmed the glitch that lets people play more than 10 roms. I didn’t even have access to that many roms during my tests.

3dsnaab likes this.
  18. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    Thanks bro
    I want to know one last thing, can i update my 3ds manually to 9.0+ OFW ? (it's on 8.xx)

19. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    I think you can get a game with a 9.0 update, put it on your R5, run it and update it that way.
    Then ditch your r5 and run the sigpatched RxTools, which then would allow you to creat ean emuNAND and install whatever /cia you want. (provided you install a cia manager, not sure how youll do that, could try the health_safety FBI injection) as I doubt R5 will let you run the BigBlueMenu.3ds.

Games with a 9.0.0E update:
    3D Fantasy Zone
    3d After Burner II
    Monster Combine TD

For 9.2E you have:
    Cooking Mama: Bon Appetit
    Smash Bros.

EDIT: You could put Cubic Ninja on yoru r5 and install Ninjhax, then run Pasta CFW, but that doesnt have emuNAND support yet.

3dsnaab and dedChar like this.
  20. 3dsnaab
    OP

3dsnaab Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Burkina Faso
    You guys are the best thanks a lot