Hacking Game language selecting on gateway?

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to boot the Eur in Portuguese with gateway on my US 3DS (with the system in Brazilian Portuguese ) but the game booted on English, there a way to choose which language I want to boot the game, independent of the system language ?

it also for other games, of course like Japanese games that have English language "hidden" there, or EUR/US games that have Japanese, and stuffs XD like we could see in the regionthree, that made JP smash4 boot in English

wbsddgg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No sir, unless there is a muti-langues version for ur game.

"it also for other games, of course like Japanese games that have English language "hidden" there|
===============except PoketMan with 7 langues, other game else ?

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No sir, unless there is a muti-langues version for ur game.

"it also for other games, of course like Japanese games that have English language "hidden" there|
===============except PoketMan with 7 langues, other game else ?

Is that what I'm talking about .... games with mult-language! like I told about Portuguese ..
but let's another example:
I want to play zelda oot 3D in German, but US console can't have the menu in German, how I can do that, using an EUR rom ?

An there a lot, but don't have ingame language options, like I told you: japanese smash 4 do that, I believe that zelda oot 3D could do as well but not sure ... but this is not the matter, I want to do like we can do on wii : make game booth on desired language if avaliable o-o

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? I thought it could be simplier :/ how do japanese smash4 boot in english with the region free exploit, but can't on GW region free them? o-o

region free only allows to play games from all regions, for some games, language selection is 3ds based if there is no option inside.

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
region free only allows to play games from all regions, for some games, language selection is 3ds based if there is no option inside.

but I don't understand why if my menu is in portuguese, it don't boot the language in portuguese? õ3o ok US and EUR region to portuguese should be different .... but the regionthree booted in english the japanese game, I think the same would happen here ... idk e3e

someone could give me an EUR smash brothers 4 so I can test it here? xD *runs*

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be a little more spcific...

Games with more than one language usualy have one per default. Either you can switch it when starting,
or like Braverly Default, inside the game after intro from Menu. If there is no option for that inside game,
it has to follow 3ds settings. A japanese 3ds has no settings to use english and could be problematic if the
default language is not yours. Consider having french *g

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be a little more spcific...

Games with more than one language usualy have one per default. Either you can switch it when starting,
or like Braverly Default, inside the game after intro from Menu. If there is no option for that inside game,
it has to follow 3ds settings. A japanese 3ds has no settings to use english and could be problematic if the
default language is not yours. Consider having french *g

but this don't explain why the menu setting works with the regionthree but not in GW mode o-o

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
technically, the language for your system (that you select in system settings) is stored in a file on nand.
i guess we could edit it, so if you were on usa fw, change the language to russian, and load a game in russian.
but maybe the homemenu would crash, since maybe it would not like that the language is set to russian on a usa fw.
i guess the game itself would load ok though, but maybe you can't get that far.
i'll experiment with it :)

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Regionthree starts the game with sysNAND, thats also why not all games work with it when the game for real needs a higher Firmware.

the firmeware isn't the case of the subject :/ but why emunand cant do the job or let we switch the language we need to make it boot?
technically, the language for your system (that you select in system settings) is stored in a file on nand.
i guess we could edit it, so if you were on usa fw, change the language to russian, and load a game in russian.
but maybe the homemenu would crash, since maybe it would not like that the language is set to russian on a usa fw.
i guess the game itself would load ok though, but maybe you can't get that far.
i'll experiment with it :)
but how to change the language to russian in the US console? it only have portuguese, english, spanish and french?
Not sure if will crash.. if the game is US one, it should read the game in English, if eur one, read in russian ?
Test and tell us the result .. and how to do it, I want to see this thing in portuguese XD

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
the firmeware isn't the case of the subject :/ but why emunand cant do the job or let we switch the language we need to make it boot?

but how to change the language to russian in the US console? it only have portuguese, english, spanish and french?
Not sure if will crash.. if the game is US one, it should read the game in English, if eur one, read in russian ?
Test and tell us the result .. and how to do it, I want to see this thing in portuguese XD
yes, that is why we will have to edit a file in the nand. :) i will experiment, and of course share if i get it working

Reactions: Sliter

wbsddgg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is that what I'm talking about .... games with mult-language! like I told about Portuguese ..
but let's another example:
I want to play zelda oot 3D in German, but US console can't have the menu in German, how I can do that, using an EUR rom ?

An there a lot, but don't have ingame language options, like I told you: japanese smash 4 do that, I believe that zelda oot 3D could do as well but not sure ... but this is not the matter, I want to do like we can do on wii : make game booth on desired language if avaliable o-o

in ur case, u do need a patch unless the game it itself holding muti-langue ,which can prove the value of GW card (using some language patch)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i'm sure someone really clever could make an exploit thing (like regionthree), that loads a game in a different system language. but i do not think people will spend their time on something like that :(

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sure someone really clever could make an exploit thing (like regionthree), that loads a game in a different system language. but i do not think people will spend their time on something like that :(

This would need to edit the flaq in real time inside memory.

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in ur case, u do need a patch unless the game it itself holding muti-langue ,which can prove the value of GW card (using some language patch)

but the game have multi language! EUR smash brothers 4 have English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Dutch and PORTUGUESE lamguage singame, so I don't need patch, but a way to boot then .. this is the question x3x

I don't know .. this is possible in wii since the first loaders... I know 3Ds isn't the same, but why looks this impossible now? I really tough was made like when they got region free on GW lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a