timebandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm trying to figure out my game freezing problems.
I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ATA 120GB disk where all games freezes after aprox 10 minuter (guess it's the spindown feature?)
So I tried an old Maxtor 40GB ATA disk and this worked flawlessly.
Then I got the idea to try out my desktop drive, Samsung Spinpoint 750GB. Changed the parititionstables and got me a 20GB WBFS paritition. Formated with the Wii USB Loader GX. Installed Punch Out.
Loaded the game (Punch Out) and played for 15 minutes without any problems. Restared a match, played Round 1 and when Round 2 begun I paused the game.
Watched some TV for 40 minutes and swithced back to the game. Wii had lost the connection to the Wiiremote as it should. Started the game again and played it throu Round 2 and Round 3 without any problems.

Is it safe to say that I know that the Samsung Spinpoint 750GB works as it should with Wii?

Wiiconnect24 is off
cIOS36 rev 13b.
Homebrewchannel: 1.01 and 1.03
Console: PAL
Game: Punchout PAL
Firmware and region: 3.2E
USB Loader: USB Loader GX and some others.

timebandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now I also tried the "Mario Kart test". Paused the game before the finishline on Race 1 of 3 I think. Waited 40 minutes and unpaused and played throu the rest of the courses and won the pocal and then back to the game menu. All worked fine.
Seems like Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB passed this test also...

Edit:

No answers yet :(
I went and bought me that 750GB Samsung drive as noone seems to be able to answer some questions. Let's hope this drive works then... Expensive drive...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)