Game file too large for FAT32?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by lordofthereef, Mar 8, 2014.

1. lordofthereef
    OP

lordofthereef GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Boston, MA
    Kind of new to the scene (ps3) and am having an issue with uncharted 2... it has a file within it too large for FAT32, which is how I was storing the games on an external drive.

Can anyone explain what to do about this?

2. lordofthereef
    OP

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Boston, MA
    eh, looks like I need added software. Is there anything for OSX? I have access to windows but no good way to transfer the file over :/

3. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Couple options,

* Just launch the game as is. Multiman and Iris Manager will take some time to temporary cache split files on internal drive before game can be launched.
    * Install Cobra CFW, and you can use NTFS + ISO under Multiman and Iris Manager.
    * If you are on 4.46, 4.53, or 4.55 non-Cobra CFW, you can use Mamba payload, which allows you to use split ISO under FAT32.

4. lordofthereef
    OP

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Boston, MA
    I am litereally unable to transfer the files (I downloaded them) to the fat32 external drive.

5. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    There was a tool that allow you to split files for PS3, can't find it though.

So here is an indirect approach (you do need Windows for this),

* Grab PS3 ISO Tool: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content...iso-games-bug-fixed-generation-log-file-4221/
    * First use the program to generate ISO file
    * Then use the same program to extract ISO file. It'll ask you whether you want to split files for FAT32. Check the option.

Oh, to move files from OSX to Windows. Use an archival program to archive the whole folder. There should be some options that allows you to generate split zip files.

6. lordofthereef
    OP

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Boston, MA
    MiniSplit is the answer. It's a java tool so it will run in windows, osx, etc. Figured I would update here in case this thread comes up in someone's search.

orcid likes this.
  7. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2004