game disc couldn't be read.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fozzze, Mar 13, 2009.

Mar 13, 2009

game disc couldn't be read. by fozzze at 4:00 PM (1,503 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. fozzze
    OP

Newcomer fozzze Newbie

Germany
    hey there,
    i have a problem i just can't figure out.

i startet with just the wiikey, but when dead rising just wouldn't let me play i started to install backup launcher, softchip, softmii.
    an as mad world wouldn't work i tried gecko.

dead rising:
    tried pal and us/ntsc
    i can get ingame, but with pal i get "couldn't read disc" like 5 seconds after start walking.
    with ntsc i get "couldn't read disc" as soon as i can shoot the first zombies in the mall.

madworld (ntsc us):
    i installed the ioses using wadmanager: 38 53 58.
    if i start the game with the discchannel it just goes blackscreen and does nothing
    backup launcher and geckoOS gets me ingame, but as soon as i start a challenge and he's finished loading i get "game disc could not be read"
    softchip gets me a purple screen as soon as i start the game (guess i fucked this one up, but not sure)

mario tennis (pal):
    gives me "couldn't read disc" after health screen

systeminfo:

pal wii with downgraded 3.2e firmware
    wiikey 1.9s
    hbc installed
    softmii installed (includes cioscorp i guess)
    backup launcher v3gamma installed
    softchip installed
    gecko os 1.07b (002fix) installed
    cios36 rev8 installed

i apologize if this is already answered, but all madworld topics i found are about 002s and this one i got fixed already.
    i would very much apreciate it, if anyone could help me out here.

2. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sounds like maybe the combination of your drive laser and media are not mixing well. Or maybe the Wiikey is going bad. How long have you had it? Do all other games work fine?

3. fozzze
    OP

Newcomer fozzze Newbie

Germany
    well i used verbatim-rw. those worked fine with deadly creatures (pal) and the house of the dead overkill.
    i got my wiikey.. about 6 months ago.
    my old games work fine(didn't test all of them). except manhunt2 and boom blox. those now give me a disc could not be read error which they didn't in the past.

4. fozzze
    OP

Newcomer fozzze Newbie

Germany
    i can't believe it. i just reburned dead rising(us) and it works so far. i get past those first zombies. let's hope it won't give me those discread errors later in the game.
    the only thing i've changed was installing cios36rev8 an the gecko os. so one of those helped me out there.

but with madworld nothing changed so far.

5. Jotokun

Member Jotokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can you try out a retail game disk? This sounds a lot like what mine did when the laser was going out on the drive. If a retail disk gives you problems, then chances are its the laser. If they dont, reburn your games.

6. fozzze
    OP

Newcomer fozzze Newbie

Germany
    retail games work fine. like almost all of my backups. as far as i tested only the backups of manhunt, boom blox (both worked fine like 2months ago), mario tennis and madworld give me discreaderrors.