Game Categories Lite v1.5 issue

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Prince Valmont, Jul 4, 2012.

Jul 4, 2012
  1. Prince Valmont
    OP

Member Prince Valmont GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello all!
    First off, my PSPs Specs:
    • 2000 series running CFW 6.60 PRO B-10
    I have a 32 GB card in my system, which allows me to store many many games. Well all those games became overwhelming, so I tried this piece of homebrew called Game Categories Lite v1.5. (http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=28044) I followed the instructions as directed, made my folders into properly named categories: (I.E.: "CAT_PSOne games"), but when I made one for my ISO/CSO games (Named "CAT_PSP Games"), whenever I would try to boot a game, I would be greeted with a message saying "This game cannot be started". At first, I thought it might be due to the filename being longer than usual, as I was able to launch tetris.cso. I renamed one of my games down to two letters and tried launching it. I received the same error message.

Then I thought it might be because some were ISO, some were CSO, but I was able to get other games to load, one which was ISO, the other CSO. Some even had long filenames. It's just boggling my mind, because I can't determine what's preventing them to load. My PSOne games load no problem, my PSN games & Homebrew games/apps load just fine, but for some reason, I cannot get the vast majority of my ISO/CSO games to load at all. And it sucks, because it was actually nice to have organization.

Does anyone here use this plugin and run similar system specs? Could anyone possibly know the cause of the problem?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Are all the ISO/CSO files in the same directory? You may have put the newer ones in /PSP/GAME/ instead of /ISO/.

3. Prince Valmont
    OP

Member Prince Valmont GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, all my ISO/CSO are contained within /ISO, but now listed in a directory called PSP Games (ms0:/ISO/PSP Games). The plugin acknowledges the folder as a category, but still fails to start most of the games. But I will try your advice and report back. Thank you!