Game Back up, which loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiiguy, Apr 21, 2009.

Apr 21, 2009

Game Back up, which loader? by wiiguy at 12:11 AM (622 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. wiiguy
    OP

Member wiiguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have just updated to 4.0 using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835, and am interested in using backups to play games. I have hbc.

I saw there is a loader from Waninkoko and one from wiigator. Which one do you guys use, and which is more compatilbe/easier to use? Sorry If I sound like a n00b with this loader stuff. I guess I need some advice/direction.

Is the process really complicated?

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Those are DVD backup loaders. But there is something cooler now, a USB backup loader

3. Gamemaster1379

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Those could be out of the question for most though, or others who simply don't want to take the effort. I have a 500 GB HDD personally, but I still stick to disc loading, as I don't want to sacrifice a large chunk of it to be in WBFS format, which has to be dedicated to Wii ISOs, and I lack any USB devices that I could put a full size ISO on.

EDIT: In any case, to start using DVD backups, you will need to download the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma, and a cIOS (I recommend just using the latest, cIOS rev 10). Google should be an easy tool for getting both. once you get and install these, both should show up on your Homebrew Channel. Install the cIOS (this only needs to be done once), boot up the backup launcher, and put in a backup, and you're done.

4. wiiguy
    OP

United States
    In the 4.0 install, I already applied the cIOS36 rev10, so I just need to put the backup launcher into the homebrew channel?

5. wiiguy
    OP

United States
    Is it possible to load a "bad game" and mess up the wii? or will it just not load?