Hacking Game Back up, which loader?

wiiguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just updated to 4.0 using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835, and am interested in using backups to play games. I have hbc.

I saw there is a loader from Waninkoko and one from wiigator. Which one do you guys use, and which is more compatilbe/easier to use? Sorry If I sound like a n00b with this loader stuff. I guess I need some advice/direction.

Is the process really complicated?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Those are DVD backup loaders. But there is something cooler now, a USB backup loader
Those could be out of the question for most though, or others who simply don't want to take the effort. I have a 500 GB HDD personally, but I still stick to disc loading, as I don't want to sacrifice a large chunk of it to be in WBFS format, which has to be dedicated to Wii ISOs, and I lack any USB devices that I could put a full size ISO on.

EDIT: In any case, to start using DVD backups, you will need to download the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma, and a cIOS (I recommend just using the latest, cIOS rev 10). Google should be an easy tool for getting both. once you get and install these, both should show up on your Homebrew Channel. Install the cIOS (this only needs to be done once), boot up the backup launcher, and put in a backup, and you're done.

wiiguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
EDIT: In any case, to start using DVD backups, you will need to download the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma, and a cIOS (I recommend just using the latest, cIOS rev 10). Google should be an easy tool for getting both. once you get and install these, both should show up on your Homebrew Channel. Install the cIOS (this only needs to be done once), boot up the backup launcher, and put in a backup, and you're done.
In the 4.0 install, I already applied the cIOS36 rev10, so I just need to put the backup launcher into the homebrew channel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1