Gabe Newell: We've moved beyond the episodic model

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ShadowSoldier said:
Half Life 2 episode 3 = around the $20.00 or less mark.

With this decision:
Half Life 3 = $60.00.

Great.
I think it's kinda fair if you think that Ep3 would have ~2 hours while HL3 will probably have ~3 times that much.

It worked similar to that with Portal 2

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It sounds like a good idea and I would happily pay £29.99 for just a small 1hour~ chapter knowing that I would get more chapters free later.
I won't be though because my laptop can barely handle portal 2 and half life 3 would no doubt go the way of portal 2's graphical "update" (even though I can't tell the difference...)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
It sounds like a good idea and I would happily pay £29.99 for just a small 1hour~ chapter knowing that I would get more chapters free later.
I won't be though because my laptop can barely handle portal 2 and half life 3 would no doubt go the way of portal 2's graphical "update" (even though I can't tell the difference...)

The original Portal has been continuously updated since release, but you can tell the difference if you run them side by side.

TBH though I'd say that's one of the great things about Valve, you generally notice the (sweet, in my view) design of the graphics rather how technically well they are rendered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: