Hacking G6Real Problem =(

sammiix3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my G6Real last July..and it's been really...odd. When I pressed a game icon, no menu came up (like the cheats and everything), and the game started working automatically. I also didn't have any buttons on my main screen - instead, I had a drop-down menu at the right hand corner. Now, I figured it was probably just an old version of the system. So I downloaded the new system file off of HandHeld Sources, and I replaced it with my old system file. When I started up my G6, I saw the buttons - no more drop menu. My homebrews also started working, whereas they didn't work when I had the old system file. Of course, I was overjoyed. When I went to my games folder and pressed a game icon, I was highly anticipating the game menu to pop up - but it didn't. The game didn't even load at all! The screen just stayed the same. When I pressed [Y], I just got the GBA game linkage(which I don't really know much about...can someone please explain to me?). I tried pressing every single button on my DS - it didn't work. I tried tapping the icon multiple times - it didn't work. I tried putting in new games and tapping those ones - it didn't work.
I'm not what you would call a technology pro...so now I'm stumped - not to mention disappointed!
Of course, I could always use my old system file again...but its missing out on so much out there. Though now I could (amazingly) play homebrews, I can't have the new menu style, and I can't have cheats. I got a G6 so I could have cheats! I would really want to know what I could do to get all that with the new system file.
Help is greatly appreciated =)

PS - Can someone also inform me about GBA emulators and where I could find them? I've been really wanting to play Pokemon Emerald for the past few weeks...but I don't want to pay another $50 to get it, knowing that I can play it with an emulator =P

Thanks in advance -

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you can't find it:
http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php...opeUSAMulti.zip

biggrin.gif

sammiix3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes! I got the games working with the V2.9 you've sent me. But the cheat menu still doesn't pop up. Do I have to do something in order to get it working?
Thanks so much xJonny =)

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, you are meant to press "Select file", and browse to the file with the cheats in (the one that comes with the firmware is located at /system/cheat.db), okay the cheat overwrite then press the tab at the top which is named "Cheat".

If there are any cheats for the game, it will list them for you to enable/disable. If there aren't, it will say "No cheat code for this game"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)