Hacking G6Real + 3-in-1

Tenement Funster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize this is probably a VERY common question, but bear with me please.

I own a G6Real slot-1 flashcard, and I'd like to run GBA games with it. When looking for info on the EZ-Flash slot 2 thing, I read that it can only hold 1 GBA ROM at a time on it's own. Would I be able to play more than 1 game if I were to store them on the G6's memory?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tenement Funster said:
I read that it can only hold 1 GBA ROM at a time on it's own.
This is technically incorrect, and meaningless in any practical sense. Forget you heard it.

GBA games and their save file are stored on the slot 1 cart and tranferred to the 3-in-1 as needed. You can have as many GBA games as you have room for on the G6 Real.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
True I have 2 DS Lite's and one of them has a G6 Real + EZ-Flash V 3 in 1 Expansion Pack. You put the roms in the /GBA folder in the G6 Real and load them through GBA ExpLoader. When loading the game it can only hold 1 game in memory but you can have many games in the G6 Real. When done with one game you just quit and pick another one.

So far the EZ-Flash V 3 in 1 Expansion Pack has worked perfect. But you can't use cheats unless you have a EZ-Flash V to go with it. So in order to cheat you need to to use .sav files from the GBA emulator with cheats applied or apply AR/CB cheats to the rom directly with GABSharky. For the price though and since you already have a Slot 1 Flash cart, the 3 in 1 is a great and cheap solution for GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.