GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
* Built-in 8G bit(1GB) or 16G bit(2GB) Nand Flash memory .No need to use the
SD card & worry about the ejection problem of SD card slot.

-EXTENDABLE MEMORY WITH ONBOARD ALREADY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

Robust & skinnable GUI .

-SKINNABLE!!?!?!????!?!?!?!?!?
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
(wuts ROBUST?)

too good be troo... from another flashcart!!!!
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
biggrin.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Extendable memory with onboard already"? What?
All it says is that it uses internal flash memory, which we already knew, and because of this you do not have to worry about the TF card slot spring problems people have been having.
'Tis all.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
o... was always wandering...

so for the,
"* Built-in 8G bit(1GB) or 16G bit(2GB) Nand Flash memory .No need to use the
SD card & worry about the ejection problem of SD card slot."

thing, their comparing or can you add more space?!?!?!?
unsure.gif

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are comparing against other cards on the market...
R4/M3 both use SD Cards, but the G6Real will use Onboard Nand Flash memory which negates the ejection problem of SD card slot.
They are trying to boast that Nand is the way to go...
Robust means like "Powerful"

gui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm new to all this -

i just got a dsl w/ passcard 3 and g6-lite (4Gb) and i'm learning. nds/gba/patching/etc

is the "G6DS Real" going to do the same stuff as the G6 lite, but instead be in slot 1 and have more memory? it won't require patching, etc?

so it'd just be giga*bytes* of storage in slot 1 that you could run roms/homebrew/browser from?
and if so what could you do with slot 2?

and what's the difference between the G6 version and the M3 version?

and is the M3 DS Simply any different?

a lot of this terminology is going over my noob head :/

snipermonkeyy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
* Built-in 8G bit(1GB) or 16G bit(2GB) Nand Flash memory .No need to use the
SD card & worry about the ejection problem of SD card slot.

-EXTENDABLE MEMORY WITH ONBOARD ALREADY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!Â
ohmy.gif
Â
ohmy.gif
Â
ohmy.gif
Â
ohmy.gif

Robust & skinnable GUI .

-SKINNABLE!!?!?!????!?!?!?!?!?Â
ohmy.gif
Â
ohmy.gif
Â
ohmy.gif
Â
ohmy.gif
 (wuts ROBUST?)

too good be troo... from another flashcart!!!!Â
rofl2.gif
Â
rofl2.gif
Â
rofl2.gif
Â
grog.gif
Â
grog.gif
Â
grog.gif
Â
grog.gif
Â
biggrin.gif

Man, how old are you? You're acting like that crazy "Nintendooooooo" kid. I'm guessing you haven't taken the SAT's yet, judging from your vocabulary(or lack thereof). Don't be offended, I'm just commenting on your energy and youth, something that I'm gradually losing
frown.gif
. Anyhoo, "skinnable" means you can replace icons and wallpapers and stuff like that, and just in case you haven't realized, pretty much every Slot-1 card to date is skinnable, even robustly so.
I'm not that excited about the built-in memory anyways, since I love my microsd's. Expandable memory is the best!(as long as it doesn't come with slowdown). So I'm waiting for the M3 DS Real to replace my mediocre SCDS1.

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is the "G6DS Real" going to do the same stuff as the G6 lite, but instead be in slot 1 and have more memory? it won't require patching, etc?

so it'd just be giga*bytes* of storage in slot 1 that you could run roms/homebrew/browser from?
and if so what could you do with slot 2?

and what's the difference between the G6 version and the M3 version?

and is the M3 DS Simply any different?

Technically, yes, but the G6Real will be missing GBA support/GBA homebrew. It will come in 8Gb (which is 1Gigabyte) or 16Gb (which is 2Gigabyte) It is also "assumed" compatability will be 100% since there "is no patching". I know for a fact U.S. Wario still doesn't work on my G6Lite.

You can run normal NDS Roms/Homebrew and ALSO use the Slot 2 for an expansion pack. I think they said they are working on an official one, but other ones should work since the G6Real acts as a Pass-Me? Need confirmation.

The M3Real will be microSD based, instead of onboard Nand Flash memory. Specs are pretty similar to the G6Real, but need more information on it as well.

M3Simply is pretty much the R4. You can read the reviews on the site about them. The G6/M3 real will "try" to be a step up from M3Simply/R4 w/ improved compatability and maybe the option for Single Card Download Play...etc.

gui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, yes, but the G6Real will be missing GBA support/GBA homebrew. It will come in 8Gb (which is 1Gigabyte) or 16Gb (which is 2Gigabyte) It is also "assumed" compatability will be 100% since there "is no patching". I know for a fact U.S. Wario still doesn't work on my G6Lite.

You can run normal NDS Roms/Homebrew and ALSO use the Slot 2 for an expansion pack. I think they said they are working on an official one, but other ones should work since the G6Real acts as a Pass-Me? Need confirmation.

The M3Real will be microSD based, instead of onboard Nand Flash memory. Specs are pretty similar to the G6Real, but need more information on it as well.

M3Simply is pretty much the R4. You can read the reviews on the site about them. The G6/M3 real will "try" to be a step up from M3Simply/R4 w/ improved compatability and maybe the option for Single Card Download Play...etc.

so what's the best option?

sounds like the m3real would be the best, since it will do everything the g6lite/g6real does (except GBA) but also uses microSD

i just want to be able to carry a lot of ROMs, run the browser, and keep slot 2 open for whatever expansion, and not have to worry about the g6lite's internal battery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof