juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Me too because I cant make up my mind of this, or my new computer... maybe next year for the computer... maybe next year...
cry.gif
frown.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I stand by my earlier price estimate: $60-$65 for the 1 gig model, $80 or so for 2 gigs.

@Juggy: Is there actually more than one game that you really care about that the G6 lite won't run? If not, just buy you new PC now and get a new flash cart later.

chaarlieee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what are the differences between the g6ds real and g6 lite? Just the size capacity? If that's how it is, then I can keep my g6 lite for games and use my r4 for movies and music.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Higher capacity, but no more GBA support
frown.gif
If it's below $120 for the four gigabyte version then I shall buy it, since four gigabytes is more than enough to fit all of my music, videos, and games on my DS. I will be in heaven....
wub.gif

Edit:
I also hope the batteries in my DS last longer, I only get three or four hours before I have to charge...(while watching movies)

chaarlieee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what are the differences between the g6ds real and g6 lite? Just the size capacity? If that's how it is, then I can keep my g6 lite for games and use my r4 for movies and music.

No need of patching DS games and it's slot 1 now, not slot 2. Oh, and no need to have flashed DS/passcard.
I see. Then I should keep my g6 lite and r4 and not get this new g6 real. The r4 can already functions as a booting device, and it doesn't really matter since I flashed my ds a while back. And like I said, I'm using my g6 for games, and the r4 for music and movies--I'll end up buying a 4gb microsd card for cheap way later when they are on sale for under $20.

Just my opinion: IF you already have a g6 lite, I don't think you should buy another g6 product just because of price.. why spend another $60+ (probably way more, I bought my g6 lite for $90) when you can spend $30 and buy a r4? Only reason I can think of is loyalty.

chaarlieee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Higher capacity, but no more GBA support
frown.gif
If it's below $120 for the four gigabyte version then I shall buy it, since four gigabytes is more than enough to fit all of my music, videos, and games on my DS. I will be in heaven....Â
wub.gif

Edit:
I also hope the batteries in my DS last longer, I only get three or four hours before I have to charge...(while watching movies)
I didn't even know there was a lack of gba support. You really shouldn't buy this then if you already have a g6 lite. Just buy a r4 for $30 and buy a 1gb microsd card (anywhere from $5-$10 right now). Or wait a few months and look around for a sale on a 2gb-4gb microsd card. Should not cost you more than $60-$70.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I already have a G6 Lite (4GBit) and I want G6DS Real and R4-DS so I can give the one to my Cousin and keep either the G6 or R4 for my self, but if the G6DS is under $50 I am going to buy 2 and I am not going to get a R4..But I really hope the G6DS Real is about $45.99 like the R4, but what the HELL we already know it will be $60+ and that is alot of money for me to cough up besides I can just get one G6DS Real and get all this..for

-$180.00
> - MAX Media LAUNCHER (enables bootin from a lower
> slot)
> - SUPERCARD SD (enables 'custom rom' loading)
> - "New SUPER MARIO BROS. game cartridge - used)
> - Soft bag for DS
> - Dual Screen plastic protector.
> -Nintendo ds lite (Polar White)

Seeker108

Trophies
Website
gamer60.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada

No need of patching DS games and it's slot 1 now, not slot 2. Oh, and no need to have flashed DS/passcard.
I see. Then I should keep my g6 lite and r4 and not get this new g6 real. The r4 can already functions as a booting device, and it doesn't really matter since I flashed my ds a while back. And like I said, I'm using my g6 for games, and the r4 for music and movies--I'll end up buying a 4gb microsd card for cheap way later when they are on sale for under $20.

Just my opinion: IF you already have a g6 lite, I don't think you should buy another g6 product just because of price.. why spend another $60+ (probably way more, I bought my g6 lite for $90) when you can spend $30 and buy a r4? Only reason I can think of is loyalty.

Not true, since r4 does require memory cards and is not really 100% compatible ( see portrait of ruin )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol