Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

G6DS Real new information

Est. release date, DLDI, 3-in-1...

g6ezv.gif
We've just received some new information on the G6DS Real that should satisfy some people still waiting to get their hands on one.

First off; the release date and price. The G6DS Real is estimated to start shipping to retailers within the next 2 weeks, and will retail for a price, that I quote is "much lower" than the DS-Xtreme 4Gbit & 16Gbit respectively. We'll have to wait another 1 and a half weeks for a proper price.
The team are currently working on a cheat code library to make using the cheat engine easier, and are also finishing work on a DLDI patch.

Interestingly, the team plan to release a 3-in-1 device to compete with the EZ-V's very same. The G6DS Real 3-in-1 (the M3 Real will be getting it also) will incorporate a RAM pak, rumble and GBA support that will be supported by a future OS update.

We should be getting our hands on this new 3-in-1 soon, so stay tuned to GBAtemp for more information very soon!

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Interesting. That explains the wait.

But then again, it's nothing new. We already have R4 + EZ3-in-1 combo. It's the cheapest and yet the most effective flashcard set. Moreover EZ3-in-1 will soon be released as GBA size cart, so it will be solution for everyone.

What NEW does G6DS Real have? I bet, nothing at all.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
@lazyguy: The '3-in-1' expansion packs are Slot-2 devices which accompany slot-1 solutions. They offer:

1. Rumble Support
2. GBA/Non-DLDI homebrew Support
3. RAM for the Opera Browser

The only one that I'm aware of which is out now, is the EZ-V 3-in-1 expansion pack.

Alot hinges on the price.

If the price is reasonably close to that of the R4 or other MicroSD solutions then the likes of the R4 will be afraid....Unless SDHC (MicroSDs >2GB) support is introduced.

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so there really is not point of getting a 3 in 1 if you've got a slot 2 device already

and about the SDHC, i heard some treos were able to use the new cards in the old slots via a firmware upgrade, which i am hoping r4 is able to do

Nomearod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The G6DS Real 3-in-1 (the M3 Real will be getting it also) will incorporate a RAM pak, rumble and GBA support that will be supported by a future OS update.

If M3 will also get this 3-in-1 pack, which incorporate a RAM pack, probably M3-Real won't have the long waited GBA support in slot 1 solution.

Entwinedwithsick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think people keep missing the point of the G6.

The G6 is basically the M3 but with fixed memory rather than removable memory. The cost is a little higher, according to the cost of the memory onboard. I prefer flash based memory over a removable SD card, so I bought the G6 Lite instead of the M3. It has a market, pretty much every cart released does.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Moreover EZ3-in-1 will soon be released as GBA size cart, so it will be solution for everyone.
M3/G6 has in the past offered far more accessories with their carts, from TF readers and card cases, to replacement hardware shells. Hopefully M3Real isn't just essentially R4+their 3in1 accessory at an inflated price... so far I have heard nothing that would sell M3real over R4, unless R4 is meant to be discontinued?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i hope the 3 in 1 pack would be compatible with the m3simply
The EZ-Flash 3-in-1 already is: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=50658

and about the SDHC, i heard some treos were able to use the new cards in the old slots via a firmware upgrade, which i am hoping r4 is able to do
Nope, the R4/M3 Simply firmware is non-upgradeable. The updates are not firmware, they are loaders, and they have to be read off of a compatible microSD card every time the cart is started.

QUOTE(Nomearod @ May 15 2007, 11:51 AM)probably M3-Real won't have the long waited GBA support in slot 1 solution.
It definitely won't, because that's impossible.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so there really is not point of getting a 3 in 1 if you've got a slot 2 device already

that happens with the sd reader of my gp2x, with the right kernel module it can los sdhc flawlessly, not sure about microsd and flashcarts though

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoo, DLDI and a 3-in-1 competitor. Having no homebrew on my G6 Real is kinda annoying so DLDI support will be very welcome >.>.
I also hope that there is more flash memory for GBA games on this three in one, with the option of having more than one game on there with a loader or one game with no loader (no loader=perfect emulation and loader=more games, obviously).
Also, an RTC in this 3-in-1 would be nice.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoo, DLDI and a 3-in-1 competitor. Having no homebrew on my G6 Real is kinda annoying so DLDI support will be very welcome >.>.
I also hope that there is more flash memory for GBA games on this three in one, with the option of having more than one game on there with a loader or one game with no loader (no loader=perfect emulation and loader=more games, obviously).
Also, an RTC in this 3-in-1 would be nice.
Well, yeah, that would be cool features. Even cooler if you won't have to patch roms. But it will cost much more then (because of memory chips and RTC stuff). I'd still buy it though, for features. I hope it will be available alone.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about the cost, I get mine free
tongue.gif

But more seriously, there'd be no point in creating something just like the EX flash 3-in-1, people could just buy that. Adding extra features (at least an RTC) and a bit of an extra price would be the best way to go imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive