ralff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Working on DLDI and Cheats. Great? sure, but are they just gonna abandon download play? Jesus!

I hope they will continue working on download play.
Mario Kart ( EUR ) work's fine - but Nanostray ( EUR ) ( my favorite ) doesn't work actually :-(
So i still have to use (and carry) my original modules.

Both tested with actual firmware 1.2

Mawile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Whoo, DLDI and a 3-in-1 competitor. Having no homebrew on my G6 Real is kinda annoying so DLDI support will be very welcome >.>.
I also hope that there is more flash memory for GBA games on this three in one, with the option of having more than one game on there with a loader or one game with no loader (no loader=perfect emulation and loader=more games, obviously).
Also, an RTC in this 3-in-1 would be nice.
oh, that'd be cool) but i'm afraid, there is no much place for both RTC&rumble, as RTC means a battery... i wold like such a thingy, especially if DS-X can understand it)
anyway EZF is good enough at ut, let's see, what's new they can show us..)

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The main problems with the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 expansion (I mention these in my review) are
  • The rumble needs IPS patches to work like it should
    Saving on GBA games is REALLY annoying
    You have to use lots of weird key combinations to do things
If the G6 Team can fix these problems then it wil be a really good card!

- Samro

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The main problems with the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 expansion (I mention these in my review) are
I'm pretty sure you just need a current save list for rumble to work without patches on the EZ-V. With an R4/M3 Simply or a DSLink you can enable rumble with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. For any other slot 1 cart that has soft reset you can use the Elf Bowling method.

QUOTE said:
  • Saving on GBA games is REALLY annoying
Neither of these problems exist when using the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool or GBALdr.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

- Samro
What a bullshit review then. Care to do some research next time. OK?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

- Samro

Yeah, I don't think he did much research except, you know, using the cart itself with the EZ5 in the slot-1. >_>

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

- Samro

Yeah, I don't think he did much research except, you know, using the cart itself with the EZ5 in the slot-1. >_>

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about a 3-in-1 cart that actually has its own slot for GBA games to be put on MicroSD. I'd love basically an M3-lite with rumble and browser support built in. The reason is that we're limited to 2GB of memory with the R4, I'd rather a separate chip for GBA support, to maximize what I can store.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Allright, after -EX-'s little rant I'm slightly confused . . . Does the EZ-V 3-in-1 when used with a NON EZV cart like the R4DS, need to be patched for rumble to work or does it now work on the fly?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Allright, after -EX-'s little rant I'm slightly confused . . . Does the EZ-V 3-in-1 when used with a NON EZV cart like the R4DS, need to be patched for rumble to work or does it now work on the fly?
The ROMs need to be patched before being put on the R4. It's a bit buggy and not all work.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Thanks for clearing that up
smile.gif

B

bugmenot52

The ROMs need to be patched before being put on the R4. It's a bit buggy and not all work.
No, they don't, you just need to turn the rumble feature on first. See here and here.

So, if I have an R4, i can just use the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. I run it with soft reset-on, and activate rumble. It automatically soft resets. I then run my normal, unpatched, rumble-supporting game (with or without soft reset at my option). It just works.

Is that correct? (It is what I currently understand)

Is the same true of the RAM expansion (obviously enabling it rather than the rumble)? Or would the browser/extra-ram-supporting-games (if they ever exist) need to be patched first?

All the GBA stuff seemed self explanatory from the post. The smaller games (16 Megabyte or less, i.e. most games), not using 1024KB FLASH saves can have minimal wait times by loading into PSRAM (but will obviously disappear if power is cut), larger games must be used with the NOR memory. AFAICT, the save data for games loaded into PSRAM is stored in battery backed-up SRAM, so the saves can be extracted.

That all correct also?

Finally, does this combo: r4ds + EZ-3in1 + 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, allow for Pokemon DS-gba link?

I'm under the impression that it does, from the text: "Soft reset is supported on the R4/M3 Simply ... It also allows the game in PSRAM to be used for DSGBA linkage.", and PKMN Emerald is (for example) "16 Megabyte, 512 Kilobyte FLASH", which is a supported configuration for PSRAM.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, if I have an R4, i can just use the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. I run it with soft reset-on, and activate rumble. It automatically soft resets. I then run my normal, unpatched, rumble-supporting game (with or without soft reset at my option). It just works.

Is that correct? (It is what I currently understand)
Yes.

QUOTE said:
Is the same true of the RAM expansion (obviously enabling it rather than the rumble)?
Yes, the RAM expansion is enabled the same way as the rumble.

QUOTEAll the GBA stuff seemed self explanatory from the post. The smaller games can have mininal wait times by loading into PSRAM, larger games would take somewhat longer, as the NOR memory is being flashed.
Games larger than 16 megabytes, or games that use 1024kbit flash saves have to be run from NOR. There are not many games like that though, so the vast majority can be run from PSRAM.

B

bugmenot52

Excellent. I was actually updating my post when you answered, so if you could look at the remaing questions, I would appreciate it. It currently sounds to me like R4DS+EZ-3in1 is a killer combo. Now if only the pesky (but not too troublesome) R4DS multi-cart problems would go away, I would be forced to recommend the combo to everybody.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night