Hacking G6 U-Disk Manager 4.6B released!

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Getting the same error with all uploads of Children of Mana (U) on 4.6b. Guess I'll be putting 4.6a back until this mess is sorted out.

enoughrope

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope they get rid of that god awful skin and use a normal, non-skinned window like every other program out there, or at least have an option to disable it.
As for upgrading, I got it, but I might wait for 4.7 before updating my writer, I don't even have the 4.6A Firmware yet, using 4.5 and everything seems to work on that, except for that blasted DarkStar
smile.gif

Yeah, the skinned interface is buggy and slow.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
??What interface? G6's menu rocks for me. Its my favorite out of every card I own. As for things not working, I am glad I didnt install this upgrade yet. I usually wait for handheldsources to make the announcement...maybe this upgrade is a beta?

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
??What interface? G6's menu rocks for me. Its my favorite out of every card I own. As for things not working, I am glad I didnt install this upgrade yet. I usually wait for handheldsources to make the announcement...maybe this upgrade is a beta?

They mean the skinned interface of the PC software.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I noticed that gbalpha.com has 2 listings for 4.6b (both with nov 9th's date)
could it be that there was a problem with the initial build and the G6 team quickly corrected and released a "good" version?

The first one (smallest size) is just an update, overwrites the .exe file. Second one (~39mb)is a 'complete' installation, when you try and install that one it encourages to remove your current version. I tried both and they are both the same.

sticboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sticboy.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope they get rid of that god awful skin and use a normal, non-skinned window like every other program out there, or at least have an option to disable it.

you can kill off the skin by grabbing a copy of Resource Hacker (reshacker); open up the "G6 U-DISK Manager.exe" in Reshacker and delete the top string SKINMAGIC (just access the folders within it and delete both CORONA 2052 and DEVIOR 2052)... hit save and you should be gold. it also saves a "x_original.exe" files should you want the skin back
wink.gif

you can also edit the icon by replacing the ICONGROUP string

Resouce Hacker a free program that lets you edit exe and dll files, pretty handy...

cake.

Ghaleon1982

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess I'm the "lucky one" because I'm not having any problems with any new roms what so ever like Children Of Mana. I'm also useing the firmware 4.4 as well that I got from g6flash.com I'm happy as hell that I did not update my card yet
happy.gif

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

you can kill off the skin by grabbing a copy of Resource Hacker (reshacker); open up the "G6 U-DISK Manager.exe" in Reshacker and delete the top string SKINMAGIC (just access the folders within it and delete both CORONA 2052 and DEVIOR 2052)... hit save and you should be gold. it also saves a "x_original.exe" files should you want the skin back
wink.gif

you can also edit the icon by replacing the ICONGROUP string

Resouce Hacker a free program that lets you edit exe and dll files, pretty handy...

cake.

Thanks man! Works perfectly, awesome
biggrin.gif

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's the same one as yesterday there are some programs that work in 4.6a that don't in 4.6b like the new Yoshi for instance. I'm sure there are others. Tony Hawk still doesn't work. I'd stick with 4.6a for now.

kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Does it still has the extension i.e. ".nds"? I think if they got rid of it, it would be 'nicer' in the list and accompanied by scrolling titles for long names
smile.gif

isthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the changelog from handheldsources:

U-disk Manager Version V4.6B + G6 loader V4.6A
==============================================
0580-42,0595-42,0602,0643,0649,0650,0659,0661 "fast mode" are supported.
0604,0621,0635,0639 the graphic at the bottom screen will be displayed properly.

and for the record: I'd say the update helped... touch detective when I first added it, I must have picked the wrong settings and it didn't work, this time I readded without touching the settings and it worked. That's always nice.
yaynds.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just access the folders within it and delete both CORONA 2052 and DEVIOR 2052

Thank's a lot, G6 didn't worked on my PC since V4.0
I wrote to the G6team and they answer me there isn't any problem, that was a PC side error.
Now the Manager is working again, and is even faster than ever. thank you ^___^

It was their fault after all
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...