Hacking G6 or Cyclo DS?

GiRPwN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the G6 or the Cyclo DS better? Besides the fact about the memory being unable to be changed. Here are some things to consider.

1. G6 has editable cheatcode lists.

2. G6 is a lot cheaper.

3. Cyclo has SDHC which allows a lot of memory.

4. Casual gamers like me don't use a lot of memory. We don't even usually listen to music or watch movies.

But basically number 2 is the best thing for me.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Is the G6 or the Cyclo DS better? Besides the fact about the memory being unable to be changed. Here are some things to consider.

if you are talking about PC editing software to add new codes and such, the cyclo DS has this also
2. G6 is a lot cheaper.

i'm sure the G6 also has SDHC support too? just like the M3 real?
4. Casual gamers like me don't use a lot of memory. We don't even usually listen to music or watch movies.
then why would you need SDHC support if you won't be playing a lot of games? in my opinion a 2gb would be enough for you

QUOTEBut i heard the DSTT didn't go that well. Its slow and some ROMs don't work.

don't buy it, you really get what you pay for in terms of quality control...

GiRPwN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you are talking about PC editing software to add new codes and such, the cyclo DS has this also
shaunj66 said:
At the time of writing, it is currently NOT possible to import, add or modify cheat codes. The team state that this will be a future feature, so we'll have to wait and see how that pans out.

2. G6 is a lot cheaper.

Unfortunately the G6 has built in memory, which can be good or bad. There is no slot for a memory card.

then why would you need SDHC support if you won't be playing a lot of games? in my opinion a 2gb would be enough for you

If you just happened to want to put more games on it and it didn't fit then you'd be screwed.

QUOTEBut i heard the DSTT didn't go that well. Its slow and some ROMs don't work.

well thats what i said.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2. G6 is a lot cheaper.

QUOTE said:
But i heard the DSTT didn't go that well. Its slow and some ROMs don't work.

The G6 can't have SDHC support, since it has no SD slot. It's an internal memory cart.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ah i got them mixed up, it's the m3 real which has removable memory not the G6 real.

QUOTE said:
If you just happened to want to put more games on it and it didn't fit then you'd be screwed.

i thought you said you are a casual gamer, therefore the limited memory space of the G6 real should not be a problem.

GiRPwN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTT lags a bit on menu screen, I heard. I've been browsing through a lot of sites and looking at reviews. In terms of quality for cost, which is the best flash cart in the industry?

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
DSTT works wonders,
in terms of lag, I have barely seen any ( iv'e got 8GB SDHC, with about 125 commercial games on it , 4.3GB (+700MB music, homebrews and saves) filled and when i get to a part with alot of big games, like 3 100MB games and a couple of 60MB games in a row, it may lag a BIT while i scroll thru them, but nothing major)
it scrolls thru the menu without any problem, loads fast, and haven't encountred any games that doesn't work.
also, the card is new, and till now, the team have supported it well, it remains to see how they will continue the support, but so far, good support.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which would you recommend the best if I didn't want to spend a LOT of money, but good quality.

CycloDS or the Acekard RPG

The DSTT loads extremely fast and it doesn't lag as much in-game.
Depends on what you mean by quality, if by hardware quality you mean, then I recommend AceKard RPG as it has dual memory and a very sturdy build and a significantly lower DOA rate than the cyclo. If by quality you mean software then I am pretty sure anyone will tell you that cyclo has the most features and experiences the royalty of flash cart features. However, the AK is open source so theoretically every feature and more of the cyclo can eventually become the AK's.

Hardware=AK
Software=Cyclo

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Which would you recommend the best if I didn't want to spend a LOT of money, but good quality.

CycloDS or the Acekard RPG

The DSTT loads extremely fast and it doesn't lag as much in-game.
Depends on what you mean by quality, if by hardware quality you mean, then I recommend AceKard RPG as it has dual memory and a very sturdy build and a significantly lower DOA rate than the cyclo. If by quality you mean software then I am pretty sure anyone will tell you that cyclo has the most features and experiences the royalty of flash cart features. However, the AK is open source so theoretically every feature and more of the cyclo can eventually become the AK's.

Hardware=AK
Software=Cyclo
Agreed 100%

The AceKard R.P.G. brings the best of both worlds, the internal memory, and the expandable memory.

GiRPwN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the AK isn't that good. I actually think it sucks a lot.

- Extra features are lacking in number and performance
- No multimedia support out of the box
- Slow-down in some games on slower micro SD cards
- Touch control is not perfect
- Currently only available in black

These are the cons.

The 3rd and 4th ones concern me the most seeing how if I want to play something, I don't want it to slow down. I also kind of like don't really like the USB connecting thing. The G6 is like exterior connections. The AceKard however, has the USB inside the actual kart.

These are my ratings.

1. G6/Cyclos
cool.gif

2. DSTT
bow.gif

3. R4
happy.gif

4. M3 Real
wacko.gif

5. Acekard
wtf.gif

Yeah, These are pretty outrageous right?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But the AK isn't that good. I actually think it sucks a lot.

- Extra features are lacking in number and performance - Umm... then why is R4 on your list?
- No multimedia support out of the box - Well, depends
- Slow-down in some games on slower micro SD cards - This happens on pretty much all MicroSD based carts, but the AKRPG also has it's NAND Memory, essentially, it'll run fine. Also, when the AKRPG runs an NDS game, it'll think it's actually playing a real cart.
- Touch control is not perfect
- Currently only available in black

These are the cons.

The 3rd and 4th ones concern me the most seeing how if I want to play something, I don't want it to slow down. I also kind of like don't really like the USB connecting thing. The G6 is like exterior connections. The AceKard however, has the USB inside the actual kart.

These are my ratings.

1. G6/CyclosÂ
cool.gif

2. DSTTÂ
bow.gif

3. R4Â
happy.gif

4. M3 RealÂ
wacko.gif

5. AcekardÂ
wtf.gif

1. CyclosÂ
cool.gif
- Nuff said right? Right?
2. M3 RealÂ
wacko.gif
- I think this one should be second, it has lot more features. Compared to a DSTT, the only thing different is that it loads slower. But, I've found some "quirks" with the DSTT as well. And I love the GBA support on this cart, definitely the best (other than the EZ-V, but that's not on your list)
3. DSTTÂ
bow.gif
- Although I love using my DSTT, the build quality is quite low. It also has a spring (same with the MSDS Real), which will piss some people off. As I see it now, it's more of a budget cart, it does what it needs to do and fast. (Especially Bleach 2nd Online
ohmy.gif
4 Player little lag? Okay.)
4. AcekardÂ
wtf.gif
- I don't own one, but everyone I ask with an AKRPG will swear by it. I am attracted to the Open-Sourceness of it though. I may have to buy one and see what my programming skills can come up with. Actually, I'm probably going to order one after I post this, I've been putting it off.
9999998. G6. - There are much better alternatives. I had one, didn't like it too much. But it's probably due to my tendency to be picky.
9999999. R4Â
happy.gif
Umm, yeah not worth buying anymore. They're way too overpriced compared to other carts.

GiRPwN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol... How are you even able to afford all these carts and why would you buy all these different carts besides the use of reviewing all of them. I'm only 14 so I might not understand all that complicated stuff.

BTW Why would anyone get an Acekard... The feature that I hate the most is the fact that it has that the USB is inside the actual cart. Why would you even need that there if there is actually a slot where you can put a Micro SD in it.
sleep.gif
"

P.S. Where did you get all your carts?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lol... How are you even able to afford all these carts and why would you buy all these different carts besides the use of reviewing all of them. I'm only 14 so I might not understand all that complicated stuff.

BTW Why would anyone get an Acekard... The feature that I hate the most is the fact that it has that the USB is inside the actual cart. Why would you even need that there if there is actually a slot where you can put a Micro SD in it.
sleep.gif
"

P.S. Where did you get all your carts?

1) They're not expensive. I spend more money on beer/hard alcohol every week.
2) I have them all cause I can, I don't really have a purpose. Well, other than to try to figure out how they designed it (never gonna open my CycloDS though, unless it breaks)
3) How else would you put stuff onto the NAND Memory? Also, it'll save me a lot of time, so I don't have to ruin my MicroSD by moving it in and out all the time.
4) I got them from various sites: RHS, DX, Gameyeeeah etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all