Hacking G6 Lite U Disk Manager v4.8 update out now

jr9770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any word on when they're going to get around to releasing the 4.8 English firmware? I regret buying an English G6 Lite because they are SO slow on releasing the English updates!!

jr9770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know. All that's been released thus far is the 4.8a UDisk Manager software (which I downloaded and installed already) and the 4.8 firmware in both simplified and traditional chinese. I have an english G6 Lite and I can't use chinese firmware. I was asking if anyone knew when the English 4.8 firmware would be released.

eboomatix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with compatability with newer roms like 900 and up. Whats up with G6 and not wanting to give updates. I know for the future I'll never buy one of their products again. I also have an M3 Simply and have not run across any incompatable roms. At least I can use both the G6 and M3 to get the slowest internet browser in the world to work.

Ferrian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with compatability with newer roms like 900 and up. Whats up with G6 and not wanting to give updates. I know for the future I'll never buy one of their products again. I also have an M3 Simply and have not run across any incompatable roms. At least I can use both the G6 and M3 to get the slowest internet browser in the world to work.
You do know you're comparing the compatibility of games with a slot 1 card to a slot 2 card right? Also compared to all the other slot 2 cards out there it seems like the m3 and g6 are still the best supported of the bunch.

Admiral_Ackbar6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hooray. The only thing not working now on Vista is the "read Method" tab when tryng to write a rom that is zipped. I guess I can live with it for now, jsut unzip the rom before adding it. Here is the error report when running vista and trying o change read method:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: G6 U-DISK Manager.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 4679df57
Fault Module Name: StackHash_a5f3
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a5f3
Additional Information 2: 468139352fd24793426f8f400c7b7352
Additional Information 3: 0348
Additional Information 4: 032e5d0d433550899f837a5561fdcafc

Now, we just need to fix that and get the utility working under vista as well, then Vista support will be fully here.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eboomatix said:
I know for the future I'll never buy one of their products again.

Stop being a douche. The G6 and M3 Teams are some of the best around. Now new firmware is out, so you shouldn't have a problem with any games now.

Also, what kind of moron would compare the compatibility of a slot 2 to a slot 1? You do know that slot 1's take clean roms, so that's why every game works on them right out of the box.

Sheesh...

narut0hxc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
despite the release of the new firmware, i still have problems getting the new "hitman reborn!" game to work. it just won't pass the error screen. i've already tried all the writing methods.
the new zelda seems to work, although it froze up on me a couple of time.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a new loader, it's an English version of the Chinese v4.8 loader that was released some time ago. Fixes for new games will have to wait for a version of the software that's actually new.

narut0hxc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
damn!
smile.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...