Hacking G6 Lite Problems

download

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Im new at this so I'm not sure if I have a broken G6 Lite or if I simply misconfigured it.

I have a NDS lite and I'm using a Passcard 3 and the G6 Lite. When I first got the G6 lite, I hooked it up to my PC with the USB adapter and loaded the files g6loader.sys and g6verify.sys to the root of the card. Then I updated the folders from the extension folder to be the newest version. I installed the game manager software on my PC and transfered a couple games to the card without incident. So then I "safely" removed the card and popped it in the NDS to test. On the main screen of the NDS, I see only the passcard 3 and it shows that nothing is in the GBA slot. So I click on the passcard 3 and get the passcard 3 loading screen then a black screen. Then it just sits on the black screen.

I tried reformating the card with the utility from the G6 lite website with no luck. I even tried in my old DS phat with the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This has happened to me a couple of times. It turns out, for me, that the board inside had become off-set slightly. Open the casing and carefully reset it within. Be sure to gently tighten the Philips screw with a properly sized screwdriver (cannot stress this enough). Should this happen again, try taking the G6 in and out of Slot-2 a few times. If all else fails, then my only other recommendation is to contact the reseller where you ordered from and get a replacement.

download

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. I tried reseting the board in both the Lite and Phat casings with no luck. It is weird because my PC can read the card just fine, but the NDS doesn't see it. I'm working with a rep from G6 on the problem now and hopefully will come to a solution soon. If I do figure out what is wrong, I'll post an update. It looks like I may have to exchange it though.

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou