OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys

So i followed the guide here at http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=41.

When i get to the step where i run the K2-RAM04 file (i;ve also tried 03) it doesn't load and says "CRC error"

I have 2xG6 lite here with me (purchased from divineo) and they both give me the error. Are they FUBARed?
frown.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
youre fine to run the v4, try referencing this thread to get things running:

http://www.m3-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1012

What happens is when you run it is it should run a sec and then ask you to enter your passkey 2 device to program it to replace the g6. Maybe it'd be prudent to do a full format of the g6 beforehand using mptutil....or double check your downloads of the file you're putting on the g6.....as crc errors often mean bad files.

darkbliss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have yet to try the guide you linked but i have used duelscene guide for the m3 sd + passkey2 and it worked flawlessly.

The only problem with the guide you linked is that the darkfader site no longer lists the .sav files so I can't use it.

I've tried a low level format using the mputility and I'm pretty sure its not bad files as I have downloaded both PassKey2 v3 and v4 from many different sources.

*Also, i've tried my g6 lite on my friend's flashed DS and it works fine. BUT i tried to access the k2-RAM04 file on my friends flashed DS and it gives me the same error "crc error".

It would be help if someone who used a PassKey2 to flash their DS lite explain how they did it

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have only used a passkey 2 to flash all 5 ds lites I've flashed so far and that's the first guide I used. You don't need Darkfader because in the software package for passkey, there is another app that creates the sram.bin. I have used the g6 3rd gen to flash all 5 ds lites and have had no problems.

darkbliss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The app that your referring to that creates the sram.bin file, is this "K2-RAM04"?

In which point of the procedure do you run the"K2-RAM04" file? I am not able to access it
frown.gif
This is what is stopping me from getting it working so i can run NDS code (to FlashMe) via GBA slot.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember the exact file names on the top of my head for I am not @ home in front of my home pc. But there are 2 applications you can run. The one that's way bigger in file size is the one that can create a sram.bin in the root directory for you. This can be run before or after to create the sram.bin needed for the passkey to boot (or download from darkfader if it's up and rename it to sram.bin). Basically you extract the whole folder from the zip/rar file you downloaded to the g6 first. Then you enter gba mode and use the file browser (mycard) to go through the folders to the programs. Run the smaller size program (I believe k2-ram04) and it will walk you through pushing a couple buttons to start programming your passkey with the latest passes (latest game list). Then it will ask you to take out your g6 and put in the passkey2 (with the programming adapter) to program it. Then you confirm and it will program you passkey 2 and ask you to restart since programming is done. And then @ this point if you have the sram.bin of the game you're using to boot in the root directory of the g6 and the passkey correctly programmed, you just put in the passkey2 + game and it will boot into NDS mode automatically.

darkbliss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, i've done exactly what you said. When i load the bigger file (the one where you have to choose which game you have in the passkey2) it doesn't load and gives me a "crc error". I cannot create the sram.bin file and i can't get it off darkfader atm
frown.gif

I've tried many differnt sources and different versions and it gives me this error every single time.

When you get home, could you please upload the passkey2 software you have that works and give me the link? It would be appreciated.

You can use http://www.rapidshare.de/ to upload the file.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can try to email the file to you instead if you pm me your email.....or try to generate the sram.bin for you if I get the chance to play with it tonight.

darkbliss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PM sent!

Wow, what an unusual problem i have. I've done a fair bit of googling and researching other forums and this is the first time i've encountered it. I hope it's because I am getting the wrong passkey2 files :S

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darkbliss, you have discovered a unique problem apparently. First I tried to run the app on my g6 lite in the root directory and surprise surprise, it gave me a crc32 error. Curious I took out one of my older g6 3rd gens and did the same thing, but "miraculously" it ran....I tried to find A2DE per your instructions for the new super mario bros but it's not on the list....I think it's too new of a game and is not supported by the passkey v2 (unless there's a software update I'm missing). I guess here's yet more proof that the g6 lite somehow is a watered down version of the g6 3rd gen......they kept most functionalities the same but behind the scene I'm sure they cut corners to get the cost down.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This issue got me curious so I looked into it a bit more, apparently there is a newer version of the passkey v2 software specially made for the g6 lite (who would of guessed
sleep.gif
). You can download it here :

http://www.handheldsources.com/Download%20...ftware%203.html

It's toward the bottom called "KEY2-V4b (for G6 or G6 lite) (7-7-2006)"

Now the bad news, I don't think it supports your super mario bros game because I cannot find the id # on the list after successfully running the sram.bin creator on the g6lite. If that's the only game you have, better find another way to get another game or pray dark fader's site comes back on. Good luck.

darkbliss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just like to update the thread and say that I successfully got my DS flashed using the G6 lite and Passcard 3.

If your using the PassKey2 make sure you get the latest passkey2 files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol