Hacking G6 lite first impressions

Mloteq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Normal G6 supposedly occasionally corrupts GBA save games. Should you play some GBA games see if that still happens or was already corrected.

The interface is pretty sweet ,I have to admit.Thank you for posting all this.

AshsToAshs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome post! Anyone have theirs shipped from winsux yet?

Looks like winsunx has an extremely limited first batch of G6 Lites.
I ordered mine on the 21st (the day they started taking pre-orders) and i havent even gotten a tracking number yet.
So looks like only a very lucky few are gonna get it quick, the rest of us have to wait an extra week or so
cry.gif

-Ash-

notchristopher

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just read on winsux.com that g6 is releasing on the 29th. So it might stand to reason that wunsunx will not even be getting their stock until next week. But since they already have a bunch of photos up (might be from a preview or from g6 site) they might already have it. Ya never know until ya get it i guess.

leonardo71286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome post! Anyone have theirs shipped from winsux yet?

Looks like winsunx has an extremely limited first batch of G6 Lites.
I ordered mine on the 21st (the day they started taking pre-orders) and i havent even gotten a tracking number yet.
So looks like only a very lucky few are gonna get it quick, the rest of us have to wait an extra week or so
cry.gif

-Ash-

Me too. by the 22nd I had paid and by the 23rd confirmed everything. I still haven't received an tracking number.
frown.gif

AmishSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait...this thing doesn't need a flash card?

Forvige me for being such a newbie at all this.

While I'm posting in this thread (not worth making a new one), if I get a Superkey (http://www.winsunx.com/index.php?mod=720) do I still need to flash my DSL?

notchristopher

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So wait...this thing doesn't need a flash card?

Forvige me for being such a newbie at all this.

While I'm posting in this thread (not worth making a new one), if I get a Superkey (http://www.winsunx.com/index.php?mod=720) do I still need to flash my DSL?

This thing is a flash card.

No you dont need to flash your ds, if you have a supercard.

AmishSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kalibar said:
Congratulations, you've just discovered the entire purpose of this website.Â
rolleyes.gif

Well I knew about the "modding" scene of the DS for a while now and as far as I knew up until now you had to flash your DS to get backups, homebrews, media, etc working. Not only did you have to flash it but you needed at least 3 separate pieces of equipment (Flash card, flash cart and a passme device) - right?

I'm just trying to get the specifics down for some of the newer equipment out there before I go out and buy my stuff.

gokong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kalibar said:
Congratulations, you've just discovered the entire purpose of this website.Â
rolleyes.gif

Well I knew about the "modding" scene of the DS for a while now and as far as I knew up until now you had to flash your DS to get backups, homebrews, media, etc working. Not only did you have to flash it but you needed at least 3 separate pieces of equipment (Flash card, flash cart and a passme device) - right?

I'm just trying to get the specifics down for some of the newer equipment out there before I go out and buy my stuff.

You are almost there grasshoper..

You can either flash it or just keep using the passme device.

If your flash cart have built in memory like the g6 lite, there is no need for a flash card of any sort.

Jefklak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey lenselijer, awesome job so far!
Could you please tell us something more about the GBA support, a lot of people don't know if it's OK or not, G6 original did not have very good GBA support.

Also, does scummvm DS work? this one >>
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/
You can test with this game (it's the easiest) - Gobliiins
http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=462

Last question, as you can see I live in Belgium
Did you have to pay extra import cost fees? It's sent from America or wait, China, right?

lenselijer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just put pokemon emerald on the g6lite for my little brother. I just pressed OK at the patch options screen and saving works fine.

I will try some emulators in a few hours (when he is done playing pokemon)
dry.gif

AmishSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm eager to hear about emulators and how they work with the G6.

As for a general question...what about emulators in general for the DS "modding" scene? Could I potentially play SNES backups on my DS?

Jefklak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks