Hacking G6 Lite Englsih+Passcard3

natkoden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone, i got my ds lite USA version and im thinking of getting an G6 Lite english version + passcard3 new version, but what about battery consumption??

Those devices consume much battery?

Thx

digimax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was able to get around 6-7 hours (and counting) playing Castlevania with brightness at level 2.

You can reduce battery consumption by removing the Passcard once the G6 lite interface loads, and put in either an actual game card, or a Dummy card.

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
No, you can't remove passcard after booting your game
We're talking here about removing passcard after the DS boot on the G6 menu, THEN you can boot your game. It works also on M3, and should work with supercard...

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're supposed to be able to take out the card but I'm not positive as to how much it would actually increase your play time. I plan on just leaving it in there all the time, less chance of me misplacing it somehow.

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
in my case i'm only removing it because it's passkey, thus it's very ugly... but when i'll receive my passcard 3, I'm okay for sacrificing ~1h of game and have sleep mode...

digimax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're supposed to be able to take out the card but I'm not positive as to how much it would actually increase your play time. I plan on just leaving it in there all the time, less chance of me misplacing it somehow.

According to the other forums (check passcard/key sections), it will save you from 20 minutes to a few hours.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you supposed to put in the real card/ dummy card while the g6 is still in the main menu not after you boot the game?

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm wrong someone please correct me, but as far as I know you only need the pass device to get the system into ds mode. Once in DS mode you no longer need the device as everything is running from the flash card in the GBA slot.

EDIT: What I wrote there was not very coherent, that's what I get for trying to post on 2 hours sleep.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if u put in any ds card while the ur playing a game it will crash, put it in when ur in the main menu. Battery consumption for me is minimal on brightness 1 i get 14hrs

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you boot with passcard 3 and then swap to a legit game card before booting the game can you still use the sleep mode function? Thanks.

outiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in my case i'm only removing it because it's passkey, thus it's very ugly... but when i'll receive my passcard 3, I'm okay for sacrificing ~1h of game and have sleep mode...

You mgiht want to rethink that. In my experience (which I noticed others have also experienced), the passcard 3 sucks up battery life during sleep mode. I couldn't get it to sleep overnight from a full charge - the batteries would be almost empty in the morning. I flashed my ds and put a normal cart in there and it sleeps perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: