Hacking G6 lite Chinese version from winsunx?

jpx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got an email about my 2 g6 lites i ordered:

Dear Customes :
Do you know your pre- order G6 lite is a Chinese version ? if you don't want the Chinese version , please let us know . we can refund to you for cancel your pre- order , we are waiting your reply , if you have not any reply , once your G6 Lite Chinese version arrival , we will send it to you .

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again. Thanks.

Is it safe to order this, or can anyone point me to someone that sells the English one?

lazywanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Take a look at page 4 onwards of this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34225&st=45 where there are some valuable comments about the situation.

In short:
-The English version is allegedly coming out in one or two weeks. (I have queried Winsunx about this and am awaiting a response)

-Nobody has the G6 Lite english version in stock as the M3 Team say that it hasn't been released. (How some poeple have the English version is unkown)

-An updated G6 lite is allegedly in the works (this seems to be referring to the 8Mb version)

-The english version will ship with the 3 other coloured cases (light blue, navy and black), the Chinese version only has 1 random coloured case.

-It is still being debated if the english software runs on the Chinese version (some have it working, others do not) (M3 Team say that it doesn't work)

-You can run the 4.0b software if you use the old loader. Yes, you end up with a hybrid but it does work. See this thread for details - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34301 - There is also another workaround that has been discussed but its effectiveness is unknown.

-It is unclear whether or not M3 team will release combined versions of the software in future or if you will have to use the chinese versions for future updates if you own the chinese G6 Lite. (It doesn't look good as far as cross version compatability goes since the chinese and english versions of the normal G6 are not compatible)

-The M3 team claims to have only released one version of the hardware (ie. the chinese version). This is further confusing matters as it is now very unclear as to how for some people the English software works and for others it doesn't, if there is only one version. (I guess someone is talking rubbish)

//if anyone knows more or if i'm wrong please correct me. thanks
///i have asked winsunx for clarifcation on the above issues and am awaiting a response
////yes i stole all this info from other threads but though it might help some people to centralise it
/////kudos to those that experimented and queried people to find out all the above information

edit: edited quite a few times for detail and clarity

fractal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so disappointed that I waited this long to get the g6 lite and I will still have to wait longer -- I had planned to have it for my vacation this summer.

However, if it works out that a Chinese version is at no disadvantage to an English version (to an English speaker of course) then maybe it isn't so bad, after all?

I hope that we can figure out just how future-proof the Chinese version is for English speakers.

styrofoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeh, I just got the same email, I decided to cancel my order. I'd rather be safe than sorry and from the sounds of it the English version is coming out in a couple of weeks so the wait wont be that bad. Personally I wouldn't take the chance, but it's all up to the individual. Good luck!

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
same e-mail here too. I think I'm gonna cancel my preorder with Winsunx, I don't want to take a chance iether. I'll reorder when they get this all sorted out and maybe they'll announce a 1 gig card by then too!

ceegeezero

Trophies
XP
Country
nuts... just got that same email and cancelled my order... and, i was so stoked about this as i've been holding off on the ds cart scene until something really caught my eye. oh well... anyone, have any english vendors available... or, is it just not available yet?!?

Coru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doing business with Winsunx is frustrating. Ugh. I requested them to change my pre-order for the english version.

cry.gif

AshsToAshs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this email even tho winsunx already sent me my G6 lite
i hope i get TWO!!!
rofl2.gif

-Ash-

PS: installing the english software was tricky. I has to use version v4.0 (NOT v4.0a or v4.0b), and i had to install it in GBA mode, not NDS mode (IE: take your passcard out when you wanna install v4.0, then just launch the G6 like a normal GBA cart).
hope that helps anyone that was having probs with the english install

phil2dot6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still deciding whether or not to cancel my preorder, as I've noticed one thing... Winsunx raised their prices on everything... If somebody noticed, the Passcard3 used to be $18.50, and now it's above $20. They also did the same with the G6 Lite, as it used to be below $75, and now it's $78. I know the price difference is miniscule, but once Winsunx raises a few bucks on the G6 Lite English version, they'll be making a pretty penny with massive orders filling in... It is frustrating dealing with a Chinese PDA and (OH NOES) Chinese Game Titles, but in essence, you are paying money for a device allowing piracy of video games... and the point is to press on a tight budget, right?

trench02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm.. I guess they will be selling the english version of the G6 for even more money.

I think supercard will end up with most of the sales if they price their ds lite card right (50-60 dollars and the unit doesn't stick out).

lazywanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
AshsToAshs, I think the concern is not so much with the current 4.0b software but with future updates. It's a tough choice between another 2+ week wait for English menus and being able to get it now with Chinese ones. I'm honestly torn cos I've been wanting to get a flash cart for quite a couple months already.

monkeyroms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-An updated G6 lite is allegedly in the works (this seems to be a rumour)

I emailed about this and Danny replied by saying 'Thanks for your concern about our products. We will try to make the G6 8G later.'

Wish there was a more definite answer than that.....oh well.

lazywanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I emailed about this and Danny replied by saying 'Thanks for your concern about our products. We will try to make the G6 8G later.'

I had assumed them it to be a different version as in G6 Lite v2 or something but I think you're right.

monkeyroms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I had assumed them it to be a different version as in G6 Lite v2 or something but I think you're right.

I'm sure they will increase the size at some point, because really the only major concern EVERYONE seems to have with the G6 lite (apart from the whole Chinese/English fiasco) is the fixed limited size.

I'd have been willing to pay a bit more for double capacity to start with; I've only heard good things about compatibility and quality of the previous G6's.

phil2dot6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting back on topic with Language versions... I sent an email to Winsunx:

QUOTE said:
Dear Mr. Lei, Kam Wa,

I've already tried ordering from your company twice for this one G6 product and I know you've been lead astray many times, but I must be honest with you and express my dissatisfaction. However, I will be willing to put up with your questionable service if you'd be willing to do the following:

1.) CANCEL my preorder for the G6 Lite CHINESE Version
2.) PLACE a preoder for the G6 Lite ENGLISH Version
3.) DO NOT REFUND my Paypal payment
4.) SHIP my preorder for the G6 Lite ENGLISH Version once it arrives.

Please respond personally Mr. Lei; I will be awaiting your response.

Gonna wait for a few days for a proper response...

edit: dammit... noticed friggin spelling mistakes...

hypermog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent this to divineo.com:
QUOTE said:
>
> Message: Hi, I have preordered the G6-lite 4Mb. I would like to wait for
> the English version and not the Chinese version if that is ok.  Can this
> be done with the current order or do I have to make a new one? Thanks,
>

They sent this reply:
QUOTEWe'll get the english version.
don't worry.

Regards,

Assistant Manager
Divineo.com

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone gotten a reply from winsunx after asking them to change or cancel your G6L order?

It's getting close to the second shipment, times running out.

Coru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've requested them to change my pre-order to the english version. I haven't got a reply yet and I asked over 2 days ago. >.>

lazywanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Here's my email from Saturday....

QUOTE said:
Hi,

Thanks for the email. Can you confirm for me if you will be stocking the english version? If you do plan on stocking it, can you confirm when it will be available? I eagerly await your response and will confirm whether or not I wish to cancel my order later today.
Many thanks again for all your help.

Best Regards,

I sent an email later confirming that I didn't want my order cancelled....And here's the response today...

QUOTEThanks for reply , and your pre- order was cance , and the payment was refund to you , please check in your paypal account .

Thanks!
Best Regards,

---------------
WINSUNX PRODUCTION

Well screw that. I'll spend my money somewhere else with someone who at least asks if they don't understand what I've written.
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2