Gaming FYI now you can go online for Pokemon Sun and Moon

dokgu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok - I think it's safe for me to go online now then. Or maybe not until someone can confirm.
Also just a quick question. Will I be able to get the special Munchlax that are given for those who pre-ordered the game?

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok - I think it's safe for me to go online now then. Or maybe not until someone can confirm.
Also just a quick question. Will I be able to get the special Munchlax that are given for those who pre-ordered the game?
i went online since the morning and i can still log in, so i assume its safe, and i got the munchalx from mystery gift so i dont think its a preorder thing.

dokgu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i went online since the morning and i can still log in, so i assume its safe, and i got the munchalx from mystery gift so i dont think its a preorder thing.

Ooooh that's really cool. All that's left to do is to get that Ash-Greninja from the demo (I didn't really play the demo - downloading now).

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can basically download the sun/moon ticket from ciangel, install sun/moon directly from the eshop and play the game (online or offline) to my heart's content with no worries of a ban whatsoever?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know everyone has been saying this. But do we have any proof that people have gone online with v0 cia post-release and experienced no problems?

I've been following this closely, and so far no one has confirmed this through actual experience.
Time to test it then. I will confirm it through experience.

Reactions: x65943

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can always download the official eShop version now.

If you're committed to testing it - I thank you for the potential risk.
No trouble. I own 3 3Ds'es.
1 legit and 2 hacked. This is literally no trouble as I am using one that I do not even use for Wifi anyway.

Reactions: Alex658 and x65943

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So here we have it here.

I played the CIA leaked version for ten minutes in WIFi. Festival plaza, and made a free battle. Everything went along as planned. It works.

I went to the Eshop it works. No error code whatsoever.

I have just used Triforce Heroes and tested Wifi. Works fine with no error codes at all.

Note that I have never connected to the internet before the release date of today, meaning no chance of ban waves affecting me at all.

It is completely safe as long as you respect the release date from your region.

For those asking whether it is safe to transfer the leaked CIA save to the cart that you yourself bought, go right ahead. I have made multiple trades today and everything worked. All my games worked and Eshop also worked. The date of the save has never been changed as well (again it is based on the 3DS clock so it will not matter at all.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This would mean you're testing only Moon(?) That guy leaked Moon but not Sun, right?
Yes, due to fearmongering from people thinking that the leaked CIA is the one causing the bans.

Reactions: Alex658 and x65943

inouji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying that the only way to get banned was to play before the region release date and that we should be fine now? Also can I use f shop or ciangel to get the legit cia for SuMo?

Silver Evans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading Sun from Freeshop. Size is 3.0 GB.
Odd my version of free shop doesn't have pokemon Sun or moon in it yet.
my version is 2.1.3
Edit: Nevermind I've fixed it.
Just refreshed the Cache, and that did the trick.

Have another question, but don't want to double post, so I'll just add this as an edit.
These bans are only from the .cia version right? So if you get it from Freeshop you should be fine to play and go online etc.?

Last edited by Silver Evans,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
my version is 2.1.3

Have another question, but don't want to double post, so I'll just add this as an edit.
These bans are only from the .cia version right? So if you get it from Freeshop you should be fine to play and go online etc.?
my version is 2.1.3

Freeshop installs a .cia just like fbi or the regular eshop would. The only advantage is not needing double the space to install... Afaik.

Freeshop versions are from Nintendo's own servers and should not differ in any way from what you'd download from the eshop. The bans were from leaked carts (.3ds converted to .cia) but this is likely because there were too many people online before the actual release of the game. A no brainer.

Reactions: gamefan5

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
feel free to go online at your own risk.

Do you have any prove/source for this?
I would grab my copy tomorrow in Germany if I got something to show the retailers.

@Elveman Since you were the first one to ask ^^

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the size, quality, whatever: I have no scanner nor camera or even a cellular. (not fond of gizmos ^^")

HNI_0043.JPG HNI_0044.JPG HNI_0045.JPG HNI_0046.JPG
If you want different pictures (more zoomed-in or any other difference), feel free to ask.

Note: the "fan edition" is the pack with a tin box. The regular product was 3euros less (but I noticed too late), prices are supermarket ones (base price is around 45euros, I think, in game shops)

PS: ist das, was Sie wollten @INobody ?

Last edited by AyanamiRei,
Reactions: INobody and Elveman

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Elveman Since you were the first one to ask ^^

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the size, quality, whatever: I have no scanner nor camera or even a cellular. (not fond of gizmos ^^")

View attachment 69517 View attachment 69518 View attachment 69520 View attachment 69521
If you want different pictures (more zoomed-in or any other difference), feel free to ask.

Note: the "fan edition" is the pack with a tin box. The regular product was 3euros less (but I noticed too late), prices are supermarket ones (base price is around 45euros, I think, in game shops)

PS: ist das, was Sie wollten @INobody ?

Perfect. I will give it a try on Monday. Hope some local retailers got a hearth.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just letting y'all Europeans know that it is NOT yet safe to go online. I claimed the gift Munchlax on the 18th and got banned yesterday. Wait until the 23rd and don't be an idiot like me.

Edit: And yes, I've used the eShop version, not Lurantis' leak.

Last edited by Lycan911,
Reactions: fodder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought