Hacking FW 6.2.0-4U, Upgrade to 9.2 Before CFW?

tayshun12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,

So I picked up 2 3DSes today both with FW 6.2.0 and I want to install custom firmware. I found this tutorial, https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

which looks pretty good if followed correctly (plus there is a vid on youtube). I was just wondering if I need to install update 9.2 first before going through the tut, or do I install the tools first then update the firmware?

Thanks in advance!

T

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,

So I picked up 2 3DSes today both with FW 6.2.0 and I want to install custom firmware. I found this tutorial, https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

which looks pretty good if followed correctly (plus there is a vid on youtube). I was just wondering if I need to install update 9.2 first before going through the tut, or do I install the tools first then update the firmware?

Thanks in advance!

T
just use the guide it will have you (optionally) update at the appropriate time

Reactions: tayshun12

tayshun12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I'm going to do it now then. One more quick question, I am planning to buy a bigger memory card in the coming weeks. Will I have to do the entire process over again or can I just image the old sd to the new one? (as opposed to copy paste I would use DD on my mac)

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the exact tutorial I followed for my 2ds that was on 7.2. except i updated to 9.2 with sysupdater after making a nand backup and before setting up emunand.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I'm going to do it now then. One more quick question, I am planning to buy a bigger memory card in the coming weeks. Will I have to do the entire process over again or can I just image the old sd to the new one? (as opposed to copy paste I would use DD on my mac)
You can use the proper tools to easily copy an emuNAND from one SD to another.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is also covered in that guide
fyi its a very extensive guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i only do that in the mornings