Hacking fw 4.5 upgrade to 9.2

link-valve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running a 9.2 emunand and 4.5 sysnand on my old 3ds at the moment, however i feel using the browser exploit is a little hassle and is fairly tempremental when booting rxtools to enter emunand. I thought i could coldboot to emunand using the rxtools.3dsx, however without a 9.2 sysnand i cannot install homebrew. I was planning on upgrading using my NAND.bin - however guess which idiot can't find it. I want to know if there is another way to upgrade my sysnand, or a way to run hbl on firmware 4.5? Thanks.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
use MSET/DS-Profile.
if you really want to update to 9.2: sysupdater and a firmware pack, for example from that certain 3ds related iso page

Reactions: cvskid

link-valve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how to run sysupdater on sysnand? also how would i upgrade using MSET - a short guide would be greatly appreciated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

use MSET/DS-Profile.
if you really want to update to 9.2: sysupdater and a firmware pack, for example from that certain 3ds related iso page
how to run sysupdater on sysnand?

Last edited by link-valve,

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MSET as an entry point/"haxx launch".
edit: you can install the MSET exploit by starting FBI and pressing a button (i believe it was select)
and in regards to updating: i haven't used the following guide, nor can I guarantee that it will work. if you still want to do it do a few independent NAND backups first and store them in safe places (and i really mean it)

Last edited by bkifft,
Reactions: link-valve

Hillage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would not mind a guide as well. I am running 4.5 sysnand on the N3DS and am really not trying to mess anything up doing the upgrade. I tried before and it didn't take properly. Never tried after that.

link-valve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MSET as an entry point/"haxx launch".
edit: you can install the MSET exploit by starting FBI and pressing a button (i believe it was select)
and in regards to updating: i haven't used the following guide, nor can I guarantee that it will work. if you still want to do it do a few independent NAND backups first and store them in safe places (and i really mean it)
When installing FBI to Sysnand with the EU 3077 injection files, i get no change on the Health and safety app, any idea why?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When installing FBI to Sysnand with the EU 3077 injection files, i get no change on the Health and safety app, any idea why?
Sorry, I've never tinkered with sysnand. The guide thread still seems to be active though, so it'd be best to ask there.
and. do. the. multiple. backups. first.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll help you guys, to upgrade sysnand using sysupdater:

1)Download the 9.2 update pack from some iso website (use a full pack, don't be lazy).

2)Uncompress it and place the "updates" folder in the root of your SD card.

3)Boot rxTools in sysnand and use FBI to install sysupdater.fia to the SD card.

4)Boot rxTools in DEV MODE/PASTA MODE and run sysupdater.

5)Press A to update.

link-valve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll help you guys, to upgrade sysnand using sysupdater:

1)Download the 9.2 update pack from some iso website (use a full pack, don't be lazy).

2)Uncompress it and place the "updates" folder in the root of your SD card.

3)Boot rxTools in sysnand and use FBI to install sysupdater.fia to the SD card.

4)Boot rxTools in DEV MODE/PASTA MODE and run sysupdater.

5)Press A to update.

When trying to install FBI to sysNAND - it appears successful but when attempting to boot rxtools to sysNAND and opening h&s it does nothing. Any ideas as to why this happens and how i can get it to install?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay