...future of the Circle Pad Pro...

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by djspiderman, Oct 12, 2014.

1. djspiderman
    OP

djspiderman Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    does anyone know if any games in the future will support the circle pad pro? i know they're coming out with a new version of the 3ds with another analog nub on the right and zL and zR buttons, and that games will cater to these features, does that mean that my investment in the circle pad pro was a wise one in that the extra features will be supported? or is nintendo going to be lame and force me to buy a new 3ds just to use the features i already have? any info would be appreciated

if they do it would kind of be like if you had a turbo grafix 16 and you got the cd attachment for 500 bucks when it came out, just to have them tell you that you need to buy the turboduo to play the new games that came out after. sorry if i'm referencing old hardware that you youngins haven't heard of.....

2. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    Honestly, I don't see a future for the CPP. Ninty's gonna be pushing that New 3DS as hard as they can.

Huntereb likes this.
  3. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    Death of Cpp rip

4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The CCP had little to no support and with the 'Super 3DS' it'll be forgotten of its existence, because the majority of Standard 3DS owners didn't use it either.

SSG Vegeta likes this.
  5. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I agree that thing was bulky which is why I say thank god for the super 3ds :)

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    geez, no one knows. no one can tell you if games that support the nub also support the cpp.
    what i can tell you is that any publisher and game maker with the slightest bit of a clear mind will keep making games that work without either and on every single 3ds console out there. so it really doesnt matter one way pr another. personally, at best, i expect more games with additional control options

7. djspiderman
    OP

djspiderman Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    it is bulky, to say the least, but once you get around that, it's a handy little attachment. i would like to see more support for it. heck there are a couple games out already that should be supporting it *ahem* batman

cvskid and SSG Vegeta like this.
  8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Smash not supporting it seems like a very bad sign to me, but maybe 3rd party developers could be less dickish than Nintendo?

9. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    Currently the supported games are, feel free to add if there are more:
    1. 3D Galaxy Force II
    2. Ace Combat 3D: Cross Rumble (JPN Only)
    3. Dragon Quest X (JPN Only)
    4. E. X. Troopers (JPN Only)
    5. Final Fantasy Explorers (TBD, JPN Only)
    6. Kid Icarus: Uprising (for left-handed)
    7. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    8. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
    9. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    10. Monster Hunter 4 (JPN Only)
    11. Monster Hunter 4G (JPN Only)
    12. Moon Chronicles
    13. Nano Assault EX
    14. One Piece - Unlimited World Red
    15. Resident Evil: Revelations
    16. Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 2nd
    17. Senran Kagura 2 (JPN Only)
    18. Shin Sangoku Musou VS
    19. SmileBASIC (TBD)
    20. Steel Diver: Sub Wars
    21. タッチバトル忍者 (Touch Battle Ninja) (JPN Only)
    I think it’s probably would be supported on low demanding games (in terms of HW) since I guess C-Stick and zR zL support is mandatory now (I guess). If you want to play MH or RE: R I recommend you to get it anyway.
    It has been explained that SSB is not supported since the implementation of CPP bites off about 5% of performance (ridiculous). I wonder why would you want it anyway.

10. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    There were no games that would play on the Duo that wouldn't also play on a TGCD, so long as you got the updated super system 3.0 card they put out. Granted it was still a small kick in the nads, but not a big "buy a whole new system" full force kick. Not that many people bought the card. They were only sold direct via mail order, and are so rare they cost somewhere around $300 today!

And the CPP not only has no future, it barely has a past. It was practically DOA, and Nintendo hasn't even sold them for almost a year now.

11. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Sadly and I believed... there's no future for CPP since the New 3DS was announced. The future would be in the homebrew and that would be freakin' awesome

12. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    the only future i see for the cpp is so you can fix your 3ds/3dsxl circlepad :P