Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I hear something like 120Hz especially coming from this company my BS sneses start to tingle.

Remember this company likes playing the waiting game by gathering the scrap left behind from the end of each generation. If this type of screen ever becomes liable techwise, this company would be the last one to carry it.
ROG Ally has 120Hz screen.
Lenovo Legion Go has 144Hz screen.

I think the new Switch will have to compete with these two or it's DOA.

Reactions: peteruk and impeeza

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it wants to compete with ROG it better kill sd cards. Honestly the exclusive games give them the benefit of needing to only be just ok and people will buy it. But I do really hope to see impressive specs, but it’s doubtful.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo knows what will sell and they will do a handheld if they feel that is what they can make the most money with. Anyway, what happened to no derailing of the thread? I thought this was about a flashcart not about a different model of Switch (??)

*hug* linuxares :)

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
ROG Ally has 120Hz screen.
Lenovo Legion Go has 144Hz screen.

I think the new Switch will have to compete with these two or it's DOA.
Let it compete with the SD OLED first.

1080p 120Hz, has never been a better combo to drain your battery.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let it compete with the SD OLED first.

1080p 120Hz, has never been a better combo to drain your battery.
It's a tough one to call because Nintendo tends to favour battery life over everything, but I can't see them releasing a bulky handheld either.

They really need to justify the 399 price though (if the leaks are true).

ThetaX55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it can handle the updates coming. Because it may not be able to detect after a update or something that won't let it run.

I don't like the button idea, reinsert cartrage. I like menu's. Maybe features like cheat codes, what happen to action replay / gameshark.

The 3ds one needs older firmware.
Would of been a better idea just to wait until next Nintendo system, because what i mentioned.
Hope for one for the 3ds because i don't want to hack mine at all.
Would be neat playing homebrew.

Last edited by ThetaX55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol