FunnyPlaying Q5 2.0 IPS Backlit GameBoy Color Issue

Nusdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I installed this kit, it tends to cycle through the brightness and pixel grid like crazy non stop. Just curious if anyone did anything to stop this cycling? I heard FunnyPlaying is aware of this and may be revising the kit, but thats about it.

Q5IPSGBC2.jpg

Nusdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar issue, and used a different wire for the touch sensor. Fixed it for me.
That's awesome! Glad your's wasn't like mine. I'm sure mine is shorted somewhere on the ribbon cable. It blew the F1 Fuse which killed the GBC. LOL. Replaced it and got the new V2.6 cable in and works like a charm now.

• Wow
Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome! Glad your's wasn't like mine. I'm sure mine is shorted somewhere on the ribbon cable. It blew the F1 Fuse which killed the GBC. LOL. Replaced it and got the new V2.6 cable in and works like a charm now.

Dayum. I feel extremely lucky by comparison.

Reactions: Nusdogg

Nusdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dayum. I feel extremely lucky by comparison.
Yes sir! Mine still cycling through the brightness and pixel mode with the touch pad outside the shell sticking up in the air. So weird. LOL.

Where did you buy your Q5 XL IPS kit from? The one gave me issue was from HandHeld Legend then I got the new kit from Retro Game Repair Shop.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes sir! Mine still cycling through the brightness and pixel mode with the touch pad outside the shell sticking up in the air. So weird. LOL.

Where did you buy your Q5 XL IPS kit from? The one gave me issue was from HandHeld Legend then I got the new kit from Retro Game Repair Shop.
I get it straight from the source, Funnyplaying.com because I get the cheapest price that way. Worth waiting the extra week for the lower prices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 50% closer to getting my teeth fixed