OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I've been BETA testing NDS/GBA Homebrew for awhile now. It’s nice to be able to get early builds of stuff and then find the problems. It feels really good to know that you contributed to having something released or a release polished to perfection, especially when you really feel passionate about the hobby. I had an integral part in shaping many NDS/GBA Homebrew projects and during that time I haven't said much about it. It’s just something I do and I don't see a need to talk about it much.

One thing that has been missing from this hobby has been DSi-Mode Homebrew. The DSi exploit came later than it should, possible due to the fact that it was shopped around before the public could enjoy it. The resulting iEVO is incredibly flawed, both by the method of execution and the lack of support from Team Cyclops, which has resulted in poor sales. The DSiWareHax is flawed by bad timing. A final version was hinted at just about the time the 1.4.2 firmware update was released, it is possible that the final 3 games were hacked long before but that the method of execution was not yet perfected. As a result of this the DSiWareHax came a little too late for most.

Sadly, these things have stopped most developers from becoming interested in DSi-Mode. Thankfully, the iEVO (although incredibly expensive for what it is) does perform rather exceptionally in regards to DSi-Mode Homebrew when compiled with the proper development library. The DSiWareHax also performs exceptionally well in regards to DSi-Mode Homebrew. So we still have hope, right?

Many would argue that neither method is worth the hassle because DSi-Mode doesn’t have that much to offer. After all the 2x CPU speed increase and 16MB of RAM isn’t much to write home about. But when DSi-Mode software is compared side-by-side to a DS-Mode build, one can quickly see the differences. Many bigger and better things are possible, although still limited by the hardware, if only those talented enough take the time to excite us as they push these limitations.

Normally I would not have written this post but I am way to excited for the DSi-Mode Homebrew that I am currently BETA testing. Take a look at the photo and get excited because what you see is exactly what it is. I won't say much about the project, except that it is planned for eventual release, runs on the iEVO and via the DSiWareHax, and is in active development!

yesitiswhatitlookslike.jpg

To The Developer: If you happen to read this, I am truly SO excited about this project that I wanted to excite others. I hope this doesn't blow the whistle for you. Making this post is completely out of character for me. I just have not been this excited about new Homebrew for a long time. I hope that this project pushes other developers to take a second look at DSi-Mode and what is possible. Thank you again for allowing me to BETA test this project! I’m having nothing but fun with something that you appear to be equally excited about developing!

-Another World

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually testing that one shooter game homebrew someone sent me (Haven't gotten much chance to because of school and all XD). I'll probably look at it more on the weekend when I have time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10