Hacking fully hacked psp capabilities

klaww

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have a psp but im just wondering what all the things a fully hacked psp can do such as wat kinda of emulators and homebrew and playin psp games off the memorey stick i presume. i dont know a thing about psp hacking but everything else i have is hacked so im no noob. also what psp do yuo reccomend me get to hack. thanks for the info if you can help.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
PSP 3000 is probably the best. The only difference between full and semi is that when you power off you have to cold boot the firmware but that only takes a few seconds, you can get some pretty cool emulators on it like GBA GBC SNES N64 NES those are the only ones I an think of now.. You can play PS1 games on it and you can watch youtube.. I think? Also check out the PSP hacking FAQS there's some good info in there. I think you can get cavestory on it (Cavestory is an awesome indie pc platformer ported to a lot of things).

PSP 2000/3000 series are the best option. Forget about Go's because they just aren't worth it. And yes you can load ISO's and CSO's from the memory stick. (CSO's are compressed ISO's (ISO's are disk images)).

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But can the psp 300 the very latest one be fully hacked?
I saw a hack file called "6.20 tn-d" which says is also has a permanent hack patch.
I was going to buy a new psp 3000 and wanted to make sure i can fully hack it first.

Cheers

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No it's semi although you will still be able to hack it. read the stickies in the psp hacking forum, they always seem to help a lot.

Cheers,
Sop

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The absolute newest firmware hasn't been hacked yet. Buying a new 3000, you'll just have to hope the stock firmware is low enough to do something with.

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shanefromoz said:
Are psp in shops now 3000 or 3002?
I really would like one fully hackable.
The number in the version is related to region, it has nothing to do with hacking. You look for a PSP with Firmware 6.35 or below.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would only be for the 6.20 firmware. If it's on 6.35, then you can use 6.35 PRO-B5. A stock 6.35 3000 can't be downgraded, so you'd have to use that if it comes with that firmware.

But as long as it isn't on 6.37 or higher, you're fine.

EDIT: Also, there's a 6.20 TN-E, which is better.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What matters is the firmware the PSP originally came with.
If it's 6.20 or below it can be permanently hacked.
If you're unsure, go for a used PSP, or a 2000 model.

SNES games play full speed (almost all of them, at least), Genesis games play full speed, GBA full speed, NES, Master System, Game gear, GB, GBC, and possibly more. It even has an N64 emulator, but it's not fullspeed and doesn't play a lot of games.

midnightshinigam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.y-gallery.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's even worth fully hacking the PSP anymore with TN and PRO-B now. It's just easier to use one of them then going through all the trouble of downgrading and what not. It was so easy to do that with my Go.

Then again it probably is easier to do a full hack now then it was years ago with the PSP-1000.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
midnightshinigami said:
I don't think it's even worth fully hacking the PSP anymore with TN and PRO-B now. It's just easier to use one of them then going through all the trouble of downgrading and what not. It was so easy to do that with my Go.

Then again it probably is easier to do a full hack now then it was years ago with the PSP-1000.
We are talking about 6.x permanent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?