Adel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I was wondering if I can Decompile and get the sources files of a DS Games. I already tried some tools like DSLazy or Tinker, but I didn't get the sources files. I want the .c or .cpp files.

Thanks in advance.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll never get those files unfortunately, those are copyrighted and under lockdown from the publisher (if they even still have the files) the best you'll be able to do is unpack known formats, view/export known formats to other formats (like textures png/bmp files), and mod known filetypes.

Last edited by Mark McDonut,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are some fairly advanced decompilers these days, Mark McDonut, even for ARM. Naturally it is better to feed them C rather than C++ but even with the latter there is some headway being made.
https://www.hex-rays.com/products/decompiler/index.shtml might be a nice start.
Anyway I have not seen anybody do anything like this for the DS and don't expect much to come from such efforts -- for most things it is likely easier to approach it from the assembly side of things and work backwards.

If you really want to see some source to look at then one of the princess maker games saw the devs leave the source in it (note it is mainly C stuff as the DS SDK used some kind of precompiled header stuff). Everything else we fish out tends to be the old build script or debug log (often useful for format reverse engineering but still not source).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out