OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello everyone!
One day I was transferring files to my PSP through the USB cable, but the connection failed at one time and later I couldn't boot up my handheld. Every time the PSP is turned on it shows the green power LED for 20 seconds and then turns off. Not even the screen backlight turns on. I guess it is fully bricked.
I got a Pandora battery today (a 2-in-1 hybrid one) and I made Magic Memory Sticks from both of my memory cards (one is a 4 GB SanDisk M2, the other one - a 4 GB SanDisk SD card. Both of them work through adapters). The problem is that the screen is still black with no backlight on even when I insert the Pandora battery (PSP turns on automatically). What would be the solution to my problem besides buying a new handheld? I've tried Rain's Ultra Lite MMS, PSP grader, mspformat.exe, msinst.exe, but to no avail.
Please help!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure the screen is still working? Which firmware were you on prior to bricking and can you access the recovery menu?

DSman59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could access the Recovery menu earlier but I couldn't run the recovery EBOOT. I think I replaced all the files in flash0 from someone's backed up flash0, but I forgot about recovery.prx. So recovery mode no longer works.
The screen should be working, I haven't open up my console ever since it bricked.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You should NEVER EVER use someone else's flash0 in your PSP...that's the fastest way to ensure you have a brick.....what do you even mean by "I think i replaced..." anyway?

The Pandora on it's own should turn the PSP on automatically and turn on the backlight with a black screen. If it's not doing that (and it doesn't do anything with a normal battery or charger) then you've borked your PSP. Why on earth would you do that with your flash0?

DSman59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I said "I think" because it was more than a month ago, don't remember the details.
I messed with flash0 because I thought replacing the files would solve the problem. I thought the handheld was already too messed up since it couldn't launch the recovery EBOOT and I was too impatient to wait a month until my battery arrives.
I understand that was stupid. The PSP I bought had been dropped and it's screen was broken. I replaced it, had a good time with 5.00-m33. And now I'm here.
Is there any way left to recover?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If the battery on it's own is turning the PSP on automatically then it sounds like it's working as a Pandora. However if your backlight isn't working with the PSP it sounds like the screen is broken, and since you've tried with different MMS's too it's doubtful you've made a mistake about no Backlight.

Best bet is to try another Pandora as those switch ones are a bit dodgy and if that fails to help you're screwed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI