Hardware fullscreen to tv using composite out on psp3000

maczilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Im sure this was already asked at some point, hope you dont mind me re-easking. googling gave me less than stellar results.

So I bought a cheapo composite cable for the psp 3001 and im running it into my 20 inch CRT tv. Ps1 eboots play fullscreen perfectly as they should, however the psp games are running in a small box inside the screen, aka not full screen. Is there any easy way to fix this using the latest CFW 6.60 v2 i believe.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, there's the FUSA tv plugin but that only worked semi-well on 5.xx firmware, there is a version of fusa plugin released for 6.xx but it doesn't work very well on titles like kingdom hearts BBS where there's fuzzy/wrong textures everywhere, or it plays in BnW.

This happens because of the little resolution the PSP has, it won't be able to look -acceptable- on any kind of tv, fusa stretches it, but blurries the image as expected. there are some boxes you can buy to convert your psp in a sort of console-esque thing and upscaling the image up to 720 or 1080. can't remember the name for that though.

It costs about 100$.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's the FUSA tv plugin but that only worked semi-well on 5.xx firmware, there is a version of fusa plugin released for 6.xx but it doesn't work very well on titles like kingdom hearts BBS where there's fuzzy/wrong textures everywhere, or it plays in BnW.

This happens because of the little resolution the PSP has, it won't be able to look -acceptable- on any kind of tv, fusa stretches it, but blurries the image as expected. there are some boxes you can buy to convert your psp in a sort of console-esque thing and upscaling the image up to 720 or 1080. can't remember the name for that though.

It costs about 100$.

Probably this thing

For that price, I'd just put up with the borders and shit, but that's a personal decision for everyone to make for himself.

maczilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Im playing this on an old tube tv mind you, and as it is its too small to be used actually, like ingame RPG menu's and stuff. Ill dig into the Fusa plugin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again