Hacking Is it possible to change the PSP Composite color signal from NTSC to PAL from Homebrew?

sodoguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
(I've posted this on reddit, but nobody replied, so I thought someone could help me here)

Hi, I have a PSP 3000, and I saw it came with a Composite/Compontent cable.
I tried connecting the PSP to my old CRT TV to play PS1 games in 240p, but the image was in black and white. I found out the PSP uses NTSC video, and there's no way of changing the color signal from the XMB menu, so maybe it's possible through Homebrew? I don't know, so I thought someone here could answer my question.

Is it possible to change the PSP Composite color signal from NTSC to PAL from Homebrew?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't give you a definitive answer, but I'd have thought not as it would be something that's handled at a hardware level via a DAC.
It may be something that can be worked around with different cables (my original modchipped Playstation would only display NTSC games in colour on my CRT with one specific SCART cable through one specific SCART input on that TV).
You're unfortunately in a very niche group of people that want to run a PSP on a PAL CRT (and, tbh, the last PAL CRT I had that wasn't NTSC compliant was probably 30 years ago!).

sodoguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can't give you a definitive answer, but I'd have thought not as it would be something that's handled at a hardware level via a DAC.
It may be something that can be worked around with different cables (my original modchipped Playstation would only display NTSC games in colour on my CRT with one specific SCART cable through one specific SCART input on that TV).
You're unfortunately in a very niche group of people that want to run a PSP on a PAL CRT (and, tbh, the last PAL CRT I had that wasn't NTSC compliant was probably 30 years ago!).
Oof, for some reason, my Trinitron is not compatible with NTSC. It's so old, it doesn't have a service menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aw, that's a shame. I wonder why Sony didn't use PAL for European PSPs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s