tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MIOS patcher is to play gamecube backups
so even if you didn't need one for the patcher, you still need one for the games
If you don't want to play gc backups, you don't have to use the MIOS patcher

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
erolz said:
Installing 4.0 firmware:
1. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select the cIOS36 rev9 installer
(optional offline installation with IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of the SD card)
2. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select the the MIOS Patcher and press X on the Gamecube controller before installing the patch, then GCN backups will boot through Gamma Loader channels.
3. Launch the Homebrew Channel and run the 4.0 Updater
4. Launch the Homebrew Channel and run the IOS60 updater
-say NO to install IOS61
-say YES to install IOS60
-say YES to patch IOS60
-say NO to install the shop channel

This is where I'm lost. You don't mention where to extract these files so that they can be launched by the HBChannel.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mark.m.moran asked the question and I want to know as well:

I already have the HBC installed, WAD-Managerv1.3, and Gamma too. Therefore, I am running 3.2U currently. Should I go ahead with 4.0 update ? I am afraid of that. What do you think ?

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
matriculated said:
erolz said:
Installing 4.0 firmware:
1. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select the cIOS36 rev9 installer
(optional offline installation with IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of the SD card)
2. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select the the MIOS Patcher and press X on the Gamecube controller before installing the patch, then GCN backups will boot through Gamma Loader channels.
-say NO to install IOS61
-say YES to patch IOS60

This is where I'm lost. You don't mention where to extract these files so that they can be launched by the HBChannel.

all HBC apps have to be extracted in the apps folder on the SD card, rename the apps to boot.dol if needed.

Posts merged

erolz said:
QUOTE(pika9323 @ Apr 6 2009, 09:44 AM)
There is an error in the TuT.
On 3.3V2 and 3.4 you cant just install the cIOS.
It is blocked (error ret -2011 i think).
You need to install the IOS16 first and then a cIOS Wad with the custom Wad Manager.

ok. so the right way for a 3.3v2 and 3.4 system is this?

Firmware 3.3, 3.3v2v2 or 3.4
Installing 4.0 firmware:
1. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select the IOS16 installer ??? (were can i find this file or wad?)
2. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select custom Wad Manager ?? and install ???? what

3. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select the the MIOS Patcher and press X on the Gamecube controller before installing the patch, then GCN backups will boot through Gamma Loader channels.
4. Launch the Homebrew Channel and run the 4.0 Updater
5. Launch the Homebrew Channel and run the IOS60 updater

comments please for the 3.3v2 firmware?!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive been off the scene for quite a bit recently guys but im going to jump in agani feet first this week and take a look at things - ill re-do my guide and throw together a zip with the latest stuff as soon as i get time to review whats been going on.
If the usual suspects Pm me with a few of the nicest bits and bobs to add in ill gather them all up and go from there
biggrin.gif

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
djtaz: Yes please update your guide/faq/.
I'm getting wii right now, and it's all so confusing or outdated : P you should cover installation of 3.3/3.4 too.

Thanks beforehand

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
djtaz said:
Ive been off the scene for quite a bit recently guys but im going to jump in agani feet first this week and take a look at things - ill re-do my guide and throw together a zip with the latest stuff as soon as i get time to review whats been going on.
If the usual suspects Pm me with a few of the nicest bits and bobs to add in ill gather them all up and go from there
biggrin.gif

that would be great taz. you may use my guide if you want to, think it's almost complete ;-)

orph22

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, quick question. I put the homebrew channel 1.01 on it using twilight hack v0.1beta. installed USBloader. But I get an error (ret! = -1022) when trying to install the custom game channel Wad files using WADmanager 1.3. What should I do? do I have to update to 3.2 or something?

Here are the steps I followed
-started at unmodded Wii at v3.1u
-Used Twilight hack to install homebrew channel
-enabled USB2.0 with cios_usb2 (dol version)
-installed cIOS36 rev 9 using dol version
-USBloader works fine.
-Tried to use Wadmanager 1.3 to add the game channel wads created by WBFS Man Chan 2.0
- instaling content #01... Error! (ret! = -1022)

I would follow this guide and do everything over if I knew it was safe to do it over my current settings. Should I just do that?

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
-say NO to install IOS61
-say YES to patch IOS60

K I gotta problem....

I installed IOS36-64-1042.wad and IOS60 Trucha Patched.wad via Wad Manager 1.3 (original) channel.

Then I installed 4.0 via Nintendo download.

I moved my unofficial Virtual Console/WiiWare games over to a 2gb Sandisk SD card. I fire up a couple of my games(all my games are NTSC region WADs on a NTSC console) I moved to test and they still work.

I go back to attempt to install somemore wads, but when I do I get ERROR! ret= -2011

What did I do wrong and is there anyway to get the ability to install wads back?

The only channels I have on my console memory are HBC and Wad Manager 1.3

It's looking like I'm screwed unti I can downgrade from 4.0
frown.gif

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mark.m.moran said:
@tj_cool,

To get USB loader up and running what would I need to do? Just a bit confused about which cIOS I need to install and all that. I am running 3.2E currently. Would I be best to go ahead and do the safe update to 4.0 as outlined about?

Cheers,
Mark

just launch the Homebrew Channel, select the cIOS36 rev9 installer, then the MIOS Patcher followed by the Waninkoko 4.0 updater.

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Django0 said:
You said something about a Gamecube controller but what if you don't have one :S

if you dont have one you dont need to load GC backups from the Gamma loader. its optional

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RockmanForte said:

I already have the HBC installed, WAD-Managerv1.3, and Gamma too. Therefore, I am running 3.2U currently. Should I go ahead with 4.0 update ? I am afraid of that. What do you think ?

i had the same config 1 week ago.
all i did was the "Installing 4.0 firmware" steps explained in the guide.
everything still works here

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
orph22 said:
Hey guys, quick question. I put the homebrew channel 1.01 on it using twilight hack v0.1beta. installed USBloader. But I get an error (ret! = -1022) when trying to install the custom game channel Wad files using WADmanager 1.3. What should I do? do I have to update to 3.2 or something?

Here are the steps I followed
-started at unmodded Wii at v3.1u
-Used Twilight hack to install homebrew channel
-enabled USB2.0 with cios_usb2 (dol version)
-installed cIOS36 rev 9 using dol version
-USBloader works fine.
-Tried to use Wadmanager 1.3 to add the game channel wads created by WBFS Man Chan 2.0
- instaling content #01... Error! (ret! = -1022)

I would follow this guide and do everything over if I knew it was safe to do it over my current settings. Should I just do that?

mmmm i will try to uninstall the cios_usb2 first

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erolz said:
RockmanForte said:

i had the same config 1 week ago.
all i did was the "Installing 4.0 firmware" steps explained in the guide.
everything still works here

Thanks. What about Starfall ?

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
can someone please help me out with the guide for a 3.3v2 and 3.4 firmware?

Firmware 3.3, 3.3v2v2 or 3.4
Installing 4.0 firmware:
1. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select the IOS16 installer ??? (were can i find this file or wad?)
2. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select custom Wad Manager and install ???? what
3. Launch the Homebrew Channel, select the the MIOS Patcher and press X on the Gamecube controller before installing the patch, then GCN backups will boot through Gamma Loader channels.
4. Launch the Homebrew Channel and run the 4.0 Updater
5. Launch the Homebrew Channel and run the IOS60 updater

thanx!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google