MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Full Direct feed MGS 3DS the naked sample Trailer released on the official site.
Personally I cant wait to see how this plays/looks in the final version cause thats just the old trailer from E3 they did that in 3 months on new hardware with a very small team. now its a official project i can imagine Kojimas team have came a ways.
What do you guts think?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Just like the cheesy 3D movies. First thing they show is something flying at the screen. Woah, it's like it's going to hit me!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, the resolution of the textures of, for example, the ground, were pretty low and ugly..

But, putting that aside, it looks awesome
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone remember when Nintendo had the best looking games on their consoles? Apart from Kid Icarus they just don't match what Capcom and Konami have.

This is just first gen on games for the system! Wait until developers have more time to it.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks really good. When I see the snake or the butterflies I can only imagine how they`ll jump out of the screen on the actual unit...

When I see this I also really think that First-Person games could benefit the most from 3D. I think the most impressive parts of this video were exactly those first-person moments, since you really get the feeling of being in the world. Obviously that has to be experienced in actual 3D and not though "just" a trailer I guess...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
Looks really good. When I see the snake or the butterflies I can only imagine how they`ll jump out of the screen on the actual unit...
The type of 3D the 3DS uses simulates depth, not the other way around. So it looks like you can reach into the screen, not that things are jumping out of it.

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Master Mo said:
The type of 3D the 3DS uses simulates depth, not the other way around. So it looks like you can reach into the screen, not that things are jumping out of it.
No the 3DS is very capable of making things jump out at you. The MGS 3DS demo at E3 had lots of things coming out at you like the butterflies and the bees. Many devs just don't like to over use this due to fear of eye strain. just look at the hardware trailer that was shown at e3 they exemplify the concept. I mean sure it wont be holographic 3D but things do seem to move out at you.
really Rydian you didn't know this?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
wolfmanz51 said:
No the 3DS is very capable of making things jump out at you. The MGS 3DS demo at E3 had lots of things coming out at you like the butterflies and the bees. Many devs just don't like to over use this due to fear of eye strain. just look at the hardware trailer that was shown at e3 they exemplify the concept. I mean sure it wont be holographic 3D but things do seem to move out at you.
really Rydian you didn't know this?
So you were at E3 and you saw the demo in-person?
'Cause I mean that IS the only way yo see the way the 3D actually works...
And the people that WERE there and did it said it's the depth version.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not to be rude, dude, but there were testimonies from people at E3 that the 3D wasn't only depth version, in the MGS3D Demo.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
Not to be rude, dude, but there were testimonies from people at E3 that the 3D wasn't only depth version, in the MGS3D Demo.
THe only one I had heard of was depth, which was the reason the guy in one of the videos kept turning it around to look at the back side, due to the illusion that it had depth where there was none.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Ssx9 said:
THe only one I had heard of was depth, which was the reason the guy in one of the videos kept turning it around to look at the back side, due to the illusion that it had depth where there was none.
Isn't that what 3D is?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Rydian said:
Ssx9 said:
Isn't that what 3D is?
It could be depth or popping out depending on the method used.

We can't really see for ourselves online so right now all we have to go on is testimonies from E3 and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@