Official ftpiiu

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Cyan, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The problem I have using this seem to be something i don't expect. I have a dual band AC router and a wifi extender. My wii u is connected to the wifi extender, and my pc is connect to the 5GHZ AC wifi. The wii u obviously uses 2.4GHZ N wifi. The problem is when i try using the app, i have to connect my pc to the 2.4 band to use it, I just figured since is connected to the sme network it would just work. When i insert the ip address into filezilla it just says waiting for welcome message and never happens.

Do i really have to use the same exact connection, is connecting to same wifi network not enough? Obviously I don't want to keep changing from 5GHZ to 2.4GHZ just for FTP connection. :unsure:

2. Cyan
    OP

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yes, that's the point.
    so ftpiiu is the thing to use to mess redNAND content.

3. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    So, when viewing the NAND in FTPiiU Everywhere you're actually viewing the RedNand? I just want to be sure to make sure I don't do anything bad to SysNand.

4. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yes, you are actually seeing redNAND's content.

You could verify by doing something simple, like looking for a game ticket you installed only on redNAND, or editing a banner's picture or sound and see that it affects only redNAND.
    this way you'll be sure it's only seeing and editing redNAND.

Something I can recommend to differentiate redNAND and sysNAND is to make a visual element on the system menu (make a folder with the name or the NAND). Maybe you already have this in place.

5. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Yes, I do have a folder. Okay, this is what I thought, thanks for confirming.

6. Xerkies

Xerkies Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2016
    United States
    Here's an actual question. Is FTPiiU gonna be able to read hard drives?

7. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's already reading hard drives if you use "ftpiiu everywhere".
    it's an update of ftpiiu which allows access to other devices than SD card (internal NAND WiiU, NAND vWii, and WiiU USB)
    I don't remember if it can access FAT32 USB partitions, but at least it works with hard drives in WiiU format.

8. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Oh, I hadn't realized that it could view vWii. Although it was probably obvious, I just didn't see the /slccmpt folder.

9. Gamerjin

Gamerjin GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2016
    United States
    i think i'm doing something wrong here then....

im trying to transfer my rednand tik to sysnand, but i'm also getting the 550 error when trying to access "/storage_odd_tickets"

i have tried several ways and versions to get access to that directory...
    i have CBHC - sysnand(5.5.1) rednand (5.5.2) both version of ftpiiu (dimok and FIX94)
    i also have access to mocha(if that makes a different?)
    as for ftp programs, i have ftpzilla, Winscp, and for some reason the wiiu reject windows 10 explorer(???)

10. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    ODD is your Optical Disc Drive. Unless you're trying to read a ticket directly from a game disc, you're looking at the wrong place. If you want to transfer something from REDNAND to SYSNAND, you need to boot to REDNAND, FTP the data to the PC, then restart on SYSNAND, and FTP it back to the same path.

Be sure you understand what files you're changing before you modify anything on SYSNAND.

11. Gamerjin

Gamerjin GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2016
    United States
    ah, that's makes sense now. i had used tik2sd to save the rednand tiks. so now i guess i need to do more research...

12. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Is there a way to install this as a channel?

13. vgmoose

vgmoose GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    @rw-r-r_0644 was working on this recently!

rw-r-r_0644 likes this.
  14. rw-r-r_0644

rw-r-r_0644 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    Italy
    Yes! Just yesterday I released an rpx version of the app, available at https://github.com/rw-r-r-0644/ftpiiu/releases

I did not test actually installing it on the home menu, however it should work just fine. To install the app, create a channel folder structure (e.g. /content, /meta, /code), edit the required application specific files (xmls, icons, ...) and then pack it with NUSPacker.
    I may release a ready-to-install package later if I have the time

huma_dawii likes this.
  15. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    O have never tried to make a channel, any tutorials around. Really want to test it out :D

16. rw-r-r_0644

rw-r-r_0644 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    Italy
    Sorry, I couldn't find any tutorial. Anyway, I packaged and tested the channel, which is now available in the release page as ftpiiu.channel.v0.6.zip.
    You can install it as any other channel (such as the homebrew launcher channel, etc.).

EDIT: Link removed, I had not tested exiting the channel yet, which seems to crash the system. I guess the app won't work when installed.

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644, Feb 25, 2019
    huma_dawii likes this.
  17. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    :okay:

Well i hope you figure it out! :D and do a proper release ;)

18. Masana

Masana Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2016
    France
    Great thank you for updating this ftp software. It feels good at the wiiu

19. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    1. Hello, this wont let me dump some files from an installed update, any idea why? they are inside the USB

20. KyoLikesTrees

KyoLikesTrees Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    Austria
    Uhm for some reason when i try to rename stuff with "ftpiiu everywhere" it doesn't actually rename it... it just says that it was successful..

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted