Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm, there are two things I see which could be wrong.
1. the game will still need a ticket to work (tickets are stored in different place, in different files, sometime merged together) and (if like the wii) update of a file to remember all the game you own.
2. you could replace the content/meta folders of another game without installing/registering the ticket and game, this is what Loadiine is doing, redirecting only these files to SD instead of disc, the console see the original game but loads another game's data. but it has not a good compatibility. the savegame would be wrong too without redirecting it

WUP installer is actually using nintendo's official installer. WUP is only a patcher to trigger the official nintendo's installer to look on SD for temporary files to be installed instead of internal place where downloads are located.
then, the console do its thing using official nintendo function to install the "downloaded files from NUS" (internal or SD, the console doesn't know the difference) and register the game, and merge the ticket to the proper place (I don't know how it's decided where a ticket should end) so better let the console install the game officially and properly.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: jacobsson

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Cyan Thanks man that makes sense in terms of available install methods (I come from the PS3 scene originally so I'm familiar with some of these concepts). The wii-u seem to have an extra layer complexity when it comes to registring applications.

By the the way, I can now build this application!
Just had to google + trial and error a good 5-6hrs

Last edited by jacobsson,
Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's how you learn, and I think you did good to persevere. even for your own knowledge.
I hope you'll achieve what you wanted.
If you ever want to share your version, remember that you are allowed to do it only if you share the modified sources, or a "patch file" which contain the differences between the original and your version.
but I encourage you to share it, the more the merrier ! more users might want the same thing without ever asking.

Good luck :)

Reactions: jacobsson

pedrobonfim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, after open and copy archives to SD card by FTP, my retroarch emulator don't work more, I needed put sd on computer to copy again files for work again. anyone pass to this?

oleguer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello forum! I´m using ftpiiu everywhere for coldboot and use the cable connection of wiiu using the adapter..... but I only can send the files at 120Kb/s (I think because the program have limit transfer mode, because when I try to send any file the porgram says entering passive mode....) anyone know what I need to unlock the transfer limit?? or I only can send in pasive mode at 120kb/s??? (I think with any admin login or other??)) Thanks forum!!

Haruhila

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues installing mods using FTPiiU Everywhere. I have access to most folders, but when I start getting deep into BOTW's voice files I get the 550 Success error. Anyway I can extend the reach of FTPiiU E? I'm using Mocha, and like I said I have no problem with folders that are not as deep in the file system.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is installing this via Homebrew Channel the same as installing it by extracting it to the SD card?

Also, the FTP client asks for a username and password - how do I set one up to make the connection more secure?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is installing this via Homebrew Channel the same as installing it by extracting it to the SD card?
Only way to access Homebrew apps is via the Homebrew Channel, you dont install them, you just extract the required files to the SD Card. If done correctly, once you launch the Homebrew Channel, the app will show up in the list.

Also, the FTP client asks for a username and password - how do I set one up to make the connection more secure?
Personally, no need, only way to access FTP to your WiiU is if you launch the app, if its not launched, you wont be able to connect. Since it's within your home network and no ports are open on your router to access the WiiU via FTP to the outside world, its pretty much safe. Back in the day, I used FTP alot on my WiiU, transferring files and what not, never had any issues

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only way to access Homebrew apps is via the Homebrew Channel, you dont install them, you just extract the required files to the SD Card. If done correctly, once you launch the Homebrew Channel, the app will show up in the list.

Thanks for explaining this. I figured that this is what was happening when "installing" via Homebrew Channel, but it's good to have it confirmed.

Personally, no need, only way to access FTP to your WiiU is if you launch the app, if its not launched, you wont be able to connect. Since it's within your home network and no ports are open on your router to access the WiiU via FTP to the outside world, its pretty much safe. Back in the day, I used FTP alot on my WiiU, transferring files and what not, never had any issues

OK, good to know. Thanks.

Reactions: xs4all

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure its Passive connection, not Active in the settings for FileZilla.

Sorry, but this didn't work. I have tried both Active and Passive, and have also tried disabling my VPN.

Nothing seems to be working, here are my settings for the connection in Site Manager:

Host: (entered correctly) Port: 21
Encryption: Only use plain FTP
Logon Type: Anonymous

Everything else is default. Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, but this didn't work. I have tried both Active and Passive, and have also tried disabling my VPN.

Nothing seems to be working, here are my settings for the connection in Site Manager:

Can you copy and paste the log that FileZilla spits out.

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Are you sure that your network (NAS, ftp client) is configured correctlty (TCP port 21 AND passive ports) ?

Last edited by Laf111,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.