Homebrew Question FTPD for switch - Cannot access root, but can access "switch" folder

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question - Using FileZilla, I can access the sd card directory "switch" and edit files in there, but when I try to go up a level to root, it doesn't allow to list the directory. Is this because the ftpd.nro is in the switch folder?

Any help from someone who uses this is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by morrison22,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question - Using FileZilla, I can access the sd card directory "switch" and edit files in there, but when I try to go up a level to root, it doesn't allow to list the directory. Is this because the ftpd.nro is in the switch folder?

Any help from someone who uses this is greatly appreciated.
Look at your Switch screen when you try. You should see a red error message. Likely telling you a file cannot be found. Probably license_request.dat if I had to guess.

Reactions: morrison22

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it will probably be a so called dot file which cant be see correctly cross OS.
I had this issue on OSX before. After wiping that file (it was the .license-request.dat from SX OS) through Windows it was fine again

I’m using OSX as well. I’ll try wiping that file and see if it works when I get home tonight. Thx

Reactions: PatrickD85

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This looks neat. I will try this later. Thanks.
Nice one, didnt know that one! Will add this to my setup.
yep! when I first softmodded my wii many years ago, a lot of the steps were being messed up by those pesky invisible files, so I found this and have used it ever since. works like a charm

Reactions: saxon48

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat