Homebrew [ftp server] ftbrony, by mtheall

djxfade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried WinSCP, it worked, kinda... It was able to browse all folders, but when I tried to download a game card dump (dumped a legit card with the GW menu, 1GB file), it gave me download rates of about 25 Kbps, and it failed over and over again. If I spammed the "retry" button, it resumed download, but I would take forever.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried WinSCP, it worked, kinda... It was able to browse all folders, but when I tried to download a game card dump (dumped a legit card with the GW menu, 1GB file), it gave me download rates of about 25 Kbps, and it failed over and over again. If I spammed the "retry" button, it resumed download, but I would take forever.

Is it really that difficult to remove your SDHC, and jam it into your computer for an half hour? The application has none transfer rate problems, and the 3DS family has a low wireless transfer stream.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Just note to any others who might have this issue, but if FTBrony hangs when you attempt to close it in the home menu, it's because for some reason it refuses to close properly if it isn't disconnected from any clients. If this occurs, just flip the wifi switch and it will close. You don't have to force power down the system anymore. ;)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it really that difficult to remove your SDHC, and jam it into your computer for an half hour? The application has none transfer rate problems, and the 3DS family has a low wireless transfer stream.

Not but after a few years, you'll probably start to have a loose SD connector on your 3DS (or your SD Card will probably stop working before that because of a contacts problem). It's not done to be removed everyday for example.

So a FTP server is pretty useful to avoid that, especially for little .cia files like injected VC games which are pretty small.

But yeah, for really big files, nothing will beat the direct copy from the hard drive to the SD card.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this looks pretty cool how do i use it im using gateway emunand 9.7?

Boot up FTBRONY (install as CIA, boot as .3DS, whatever). The top line will give you a IP and Port (ex: 192.168.1.100, port 5000). so open a new folder window (START + E) and type in the address bar ftp://192.168.1.100:5000 (substitute the IP and port for whatever you get in your FTBRONY app)

It lets you access the files on the SD card over Wi-Fi. It's especially useful in emunand because then if you remove the SD card the system crashes.
It's also especially useful for idiots like me who build their own computer yet somehow don't even have an SD card slot x_x

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot up FTBRONY (install as CIA, boot as .3DS, whatever). The top line will give you a IP and Port (ex: 192.168.1.100, port 5000). so open a new folder window (START + E) and type in the address bar ftp://192.168.1.100:5000 (substitute the IP and port for whatever you get in your FTBRONY app)

It's also especially useful for idiots like me who build their own computer yet somehow don't even have an SD card slot x_x
But if you don't have an SD card slot, how do you get FTBRONY on the SD card in the first place?

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out how to use it, great tool :yay: My SD card was starting to get jammed for some reason when I tried to eject it sometimes, so this helped a lot :grog:

Commandertemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant seem to transfer a 1gb file; i get this error in filezilla:
Code:
Error:    Could not write to transfer socket: ECONNRESET - Connection reset by peer
Response:    502 unavailable
Error:    File transfer failed after transferring 262,144 bytes in 1 second

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I'm currently getting two different errors:
'socket 115: Network interface is not configured' when starting or, if it started, 'poll: 115 Network interface is not configured' and then 'accept 22 invalid argument'.
I'm using Filezilla as FTP client on my computer and ironhax.
I can still go out of the homebrew using the 'b' button

EDIT: I figured it out, I had my proxy turned on.

Last edited by Deleted member 369977,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: