Homebrew [ftp server] ftbrony, by mtheall

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have been said, but I'm using WinSCP and it takes a while to actually connect (it says it failed to connect multiple times before it actually works) and when transferring files, sometimes it gives me an error saying the connection is broken. I'm still able to complete the transfer, but I have to click "retry" several times. Interestingly, the same error appears on both my 3DS and my computer, and it actually does transfer a small amount of the file each time I click retry. I'm using the CIA version on emunand 9.4, with sysnand 9.2 installed.

descac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right people, here's a functional ftbrony cia (somewhat slower than ftpony but works with Windows Explorer as well plus it doesn't cut the connection on big files anymore)
hippy dave, Huntereb

Edit: now contains CIA, 3DS and 3DSX versions.
Fantastic. It's not 100%, but I can actually transfer things beyond 100 KB now.

Thanks.

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This may have been said, but I'm using WinSCP and it takes a while to actually connect (it says it failed to connect multiple times before it actually works) and when transferring files, sometimes it gives me an error saying the connection is broken. I'm still able to complete the transfer, but I have to click "retry" several times. Interestingly, the same error appears on both my 3DS and my computer, and it actually does transfer a small amount of the file each time I click retry. I'm using the CIA version on emunand 9.4, with sysnand 9.2 installed.

Are you using piratesephiroth's version? If not, you should, he fixed the file transfer problem.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, just use ftp:\\IP: PORT in windows Explorer and you should be able to connect.
ftbrony is kinda buggy and sometimes this doesn't work though.

(Better than ftpony that only works with WinSCP, heh)

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, I wonder if anyone can answer this question. I have ftpony installed - can I use it to change the launcher file on my 3ds? I would be going from 2.7 to 3.1. My sd card slot is a bit dodgy which is why I don't want to take the card out itself if i don't have to.

rr

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried but I don't see why not.
You don't think that the fact that the card has to be updated with the new launcher file will make a difference? Or is it the case that once you're in gateway mode the launcher file is redundant?

thanks for taking the time to reply,

rr

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't think that the fact that the card has to be updated with the new launcher file will make a difference? Or is it the case that once you're in gateway mode the launcher file is redundant?

thanks for taking the time to reply,

rr
Yeah it should work fine. If your SD card slot is not functioning properly you should consider buying a new one and replacing it.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just making sure of things.. this FTP app can only connect to the large SD-Card on the side of the 3DS. correct?

djxfade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi.

I tried it out with FileZilla. It works, I can connect, but somehow, when I try to enter the "filer" folder of SaveDataFiler, it returns and error, and can't list the directory.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I tried it out with FileZilla. It works, I can connect, but somehow, when I try to enter the "filer" folder of SaveDataFiler, it returns and error, and can't list the directory.

WINSCP works better. I was trying to use FileZilla for a while. I just downloaded the portable .exe of winscp and leave it in a "3ds" folder on my PC.

Reactions: djxfade

djxfade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sound good, will check it out. Can you verify if its able to access the "filer" folder? Its a pain in the ass turning of the 3ds, taking out the SD, modifying a save, then inserting the SD again, re-enter emunand etc... every time :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto