Homebrew FTP for DS?

yatesl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a launch day DS Lite, and a near-launch original R4 card. One of these, or a combination of both, makes it quite a temperamental thing. At the end of the day, it will all work, but the spring has broken (and been fixed) on the R4, the connectors are going on either the card and the DS, and whenever you remove the SD card or the R4 card, it can be a bit of a mess about putting it in, taking it out, putting it back, blowing etc., to get it to register.

Is there a homebrew app for the DS that allows you to FTP across files over wireless? The less I have to remove the card(s), the better.

Kilos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FileNinja ?
Don't know how DSFTP works, but FileNinja is an FTP client, so you'd have to have the server running on your computer (such as with FileZilla). Unfortunately it's slow too and freezes when in a directory with 400+ items.

There's also Lilou Box, but I've never really looked into it.
DSLinux gets better speeds supposedly, but it's a bit more complicated to set up for filesharing.

Reactions: zfreeman

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
http://filetrip.net/f1656-DSFTP-2-6.html perhaps.

It is painfully slow though (the DS wireless is not good) and I dislike using it for anything more than saves.

DanTheManMS said:
I always got card corruption with DSFTP, even after they switched to the newer and more stable FAT library. Only used Lilou Combox a couple of times but it worked well for what it did.

I converted DSFTP 2.6 to compile against the latest devkitpro. It has a 11% speed increase. As I still need to borrow a microsdhc reader at the moment, I can't test the file-system to see if it stopped the corruption. The caveat is that the power saving screen-saver kicks in almost immediately, so I set the default password to "nintendods". Other then that it has all the problems the old version has. I think if anybody is using this program still, even the slight possibility of reduced corruption was worth posting this patch up.

CODE
To summarize:

Cons:
All the problems remain(transfers of big files, many files are just as buggy)
Screen Permanently Blanks almost immediately
Default password is "nintendods" instead of random(default user is "default")
You might want to run the unpatched version first to get your ip address and confirm your ds is on wireless properly.

Pro:
11% Speed Increase
File Corruption may be reduced
Default password is "nintendods" instead of random(default user is "default")

Although he doesn't say you can't redistribute modified copies and in fact in the documentation seems to promote using his libDSFTP library in other projects, to err on the side of caution I'm releasing this in patch form. Unless he says otherwise, please don't redistribute modified or unmodified DSFTP binaries.

Patches to have DSFTP-2.6 binary linked against devkitpro_r32 in IPS&XDELTA format
Only for use against DSFTP-2.6 binary

======================================

If you want to compile it yourself besides devkitpro_r32 you need DSGUI-4.0 from his website extract it to "dsgui" and apply this patch I made to the sourcecode as he states that he doesn't want DSGUI-0.4 sourcecode redistributed modified or unmodified. Binaries in your code are fine to distribute though, so don't be discouraged from utilizing his gui framework. Extract DSFTP-2.6 into "dsftp" in same root folder dsgui is located. Apply patches, go into dsgui/DSGUI-0.4 and make, go into dsftp/DSFTP-2.6/DSFTP and make.

DSFTP-2.6 sourecode patch and DSGUI-4.0 sourcecode patch
======================================

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up