ftp connect to xbox xecuter2 time out

digr8one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought an original xbox with a chip "xecuter2" thats all I know about the xbox.
i am trying to FTP into it, but I cannot get it to work.I have followed tutorial(S) on youtube, seems super easy but its not working.

I am using an ethernet cable from my computer (iMac retina with macOS Sierra) to the xbox. I have also tried having the ethernet cable directly to my router. Nothing I do seems to be working :(
Is it something I have to enable on the Mac to get it to work?

The xbox have an iP so it seems to work and when I connect to it it with my FTP program it says waiting for welcome message then it goes to time out (I have put in username/password: "xbox" port 21)

Can someone help me? All the tutorials I saw did not have a Mac so starting to think I need to enable something? Question is what.

digr8one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not that anyone seems to care but I got it to work by buying a new cable. So if more people have this problem and read this. Do try a new cable and maybe it works for you too....

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To add to this:
Normally, if one would plug in a normal UTP cable into the old Xbox and plugs it into the router, it should assign a IP adress to the xbox.
If it doesn't, there should be a setting which would let you switch between a static and dynamic IP.

digr8one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To add to this:
Normally, if one would plug in a normal UTP cable into the old Xbox and plugs it into the router, it should assign a IP adress to the xbox.
If it doesn't, there should be a setting which would let you switch between a static and dynamic IP.
Yes but on my Xbox I did not have that option. Only static. I don't know if I have a very old dashboard but some options I saw on YouTube did not show up for me. Also turns out the second HD Seems dead because when I started transferring files to it i could hear a loud clicking noise. I think that means it's dead. Do you know if it is? It started transferring then all of a sudden it refused and the clicking started.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your Xbox HDD is dying then.

Time to install a new HDD and use Slayers CD to install a new C drive.

I personally go for UnleashX instead of any other dashboard.
It's highly customizable and has a lot of options.

digr8one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your Xbox HDD is dying then.

Time to install a new HDD and use Slayers CD to install a new C drive.

I personally go for UnleashX instead of any other dashboard.
It's highly customizable and has a lot of options.
Okay that's what I thought then. Too bad. I think I need to go to a store with it then I am not so good when it comes to things like that. Better to pay someone then. I will ask if they can give me that dashboard. Thanks!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's really simple, just open up the Xbox, replace it with a new IDE HDD (or a SATA HDD which has an SATA to IDE adapter) and load up Slayers CD.

Seeing you have a modchip, it's easy as fuck.

digr8one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's really simple, just open up the Xbox, replace it with a new IDE HDD (or a SATA HDD which has an SATA to IDE adapter) and load up Slayers CD.

Seeing you have a modchip, it's easy as fuck.
Oh okay. What is Slayers CD? I am not really a technical girl haha :D Sorry for stupid questions.
Also how big can the HDD be? Is it 2TB that is maximum? Because it is 32bit? Or ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Slayers CD is a CD that's used to format a fresh HDD (C: E: X: Y: Z: and additional F: and G: partitions) and install a dashboard to it.

The max size of it is 2TB yes.
However, you must give the F and G partition both 927.78 GB with 64kb clusters.

Personally, I'd just go for a cheap 500 GB one.
You won't need that much space (mine is 160GB)

If you use Slayers CD (it should be up on the usual places or the torrent places) it should automatically format and install the HDD for you.
It's pretty noob proof.

Also, I do have a copy of a freshly hacked C drive with a stock UnleashX.
It's configured perfectly.
If you want it, I could give it to you.

digr8one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slayers CD is a CD that's used to format a fresh HDD (C: E: X: Y: Z: and additional F: and G: partitions) and install a dashboard to it.

The max size of it is 2TB yes.
However, you must give the F and G partition both 927.78 GB with 64kb clusters.

Personally, I'd just go for a cheap 500 GB one.
You won't need that much space (mine is 160GB)

If you use Slayers CD (it should be up on the usual places or the torrent places) it should automatically format and install the HDD for you.
It's pretty noob proof.

Also, I do have a copy of a freshly hacked C drive with a stock UnleashX.
It's configured perfectly.
If you want it, I could give it to you.
Thank you for explaining so good and that you seem so kind :) I am downloading the slayer CD (Slayers_Evox_2_7_FINAL) is that the correct one you think? Do I just switch HD and burn the Slayer CD and put it in and then I follow what it says on the TV? I dont need to back up anything from the HD? Also, Do I have more then one HD in the Xbox? How do I know which one that is the faulty one? Okay. Ill go for 500gb then. I will give this a try later on by myself. If it fails do I just put in the old HD and take it to the shop and say I have a faulty HD? Or do I do more or harm if I fail?
I would love that copy of UnleashX if you want to send it to me. That would be really nice of you! I am guessing I just transfer it over somewhere from FTP after the Slayer CD is done?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep, just plug in the new HDD (IDE or SATA with converter to IDE) and boot up Slayers CD.
Follow this and you're good to go.

No, only 1 physical HDD with 5 partitions (or 8 when it has a F and G partition)
If you can't figure it out, you could go to the shop, ask them what it'll cost or you could send it to me (within EU) and I could install the HDD for you.
Only costs is shipping if you provide a HDD (with or without adapter)

Yep.
After you installed Slayers CD, FTP into the xbox, go into the C drive and delete everything that's on there.
Then extract the contents of the C folder of the rar archive I gave you and copy them to the C drive of the Xbox.
Make sure that the folders and files in the C folder of the archive are copied correctly to the C drive of the xbox.
Reboot and you're good to go.

Edit:
If you got savegames and what not still on the original HDD, back them up ASAP.
Their located on the E drive (just copy then entire E drive over)

digr8one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, just plug in the new HDD (IDE or SATA with converter to IDE) and boot up Slayers CD.
Follow this and you're good to go.

No, only 1 physical HDD with 5 partitions (or 8 when it has a F and G partition)
If you can't figure it out, you could go to the shop, ask them what it'll cost or you could send it to me (within EU) and I could install the HDD for you.
Only costs is shipping if you provide a HDD (with or without adapter)

Yep.
After you installed Slayers CD, FTP into the xbox, go into the C drive and delete everything that's on there.
Then extract the contents of the C folder of the rar archive I gave you and copy them to the C drive of the Xbox.
Make sure that the folders and files in the C folder of the archive are copied correctly to the C drive of the xbox.
Reboot and you're good to go.

Edit:
If you got savegames and what not still on the original HDD, back them up ASAP.
Their located on the E drive (just copy then entire E drive over)

Thank you for the explaining seems scary to me :D Anyways I just send you a PM. Maybe we could continue there if you want to of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.