Frustrated with m3 SD slim chinese ver. Help... =(

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Clem, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Clem
    OP

Clem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2006
    I've been trying to get my m3 SD slim chinese version adapter to work with my GBM for almost 2 weeks now. Apparently it won't play GBA roms over 4MB in size.

It also does not seem to detect and read the .dat save games in the "GAMESAVE" folder. When I try to run mario advance, it tells me that the save data is corrupt and I cannot continue.

I cannot access the menu either. It's supposed to be A B L R together right?

I have tried diff memory cards, FAT16 and FAT32, using the game manager and copying directly to the SD card. I renamed a blank .txt file in the GAMESAVE folder to a .bat. Am I doing it right?

I bought this unit over ebay. It does play games like mario kart and stuff, so long as it's smaller than 4 MB.

Anyone know what's going on? [​IMG]

2. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    you got the m3 without the gba chipset, this is done to save money.

it will not play roms over 4mb... [​IMG]

3. Clem
    OP

Clem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2006
    Ahhhhh! But if it doesn't have the gba chipset, how is it that I can still play the smaller GBA games?

4. Clem
    OP

Clem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2006
    How can you tell just by looking at the m3 cart, what version it is?

5. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    sorry dont know, but at my supplier in china it is told with the products: only plays nds and gba roms under 4mb because 1 chip is missing. That's why it cost only $30 [​IMG]

The 4mb is enough for DS games, and it seems also gba games can use it then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice