Hacking Frozen on Loading... screen

dpj13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have recently purchased an R4 for my Nintendo DS however i am having a problem. When i turn on my DS there is a screen that says Loading... and then nothing happens. I have followed the instructions properly from the instuction manual and from a few other sources. I put the _system_, moonshl, _DS_MENU.DAT, and _DS_MSHL.NDS files/folders onto my microSD along with a .nds game. I have tried reformatting my microSD many times and still nothing. Is this a common problem? Are there any solutions to this problem?

dpj13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes i have tried using the latest version which is 1.13.....i also tried putting my microSD in the R4 without any files on it and it does the exact same thing. Could it not be reading the microSD?

jono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey its also happening to me
I try a toshiba(it used to work like a charm) and kingston 1 gig sd card Ft32 and it always freeze on the loading screen .
I try a sandisk 512 and it work 100 % . I found out that the sandisk(made in taiwan) is a bit thicker compared toshiba and kingston(both made in japan )
Could it be the Sd card problem r more likely the R4 ?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why the heck do you have 2 topics on the same thing, even in the same forum?! I don't wanna be mean or mod-like or anything, but just post one topic.

Anyways, my R4 does that too. Try adjusting your SD card left or right in the R4. Or just reformat.

dpj13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried cleaning the contacts on the R4.....but i cant get to the contacts where the microSD goes....nothing happens when i reformat

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Place a piece of electrical tape on the side of the card opposite the contacts, so it can apply more pressure onto it. Tell me if it works. Is it the new shell R4 DS Card or the old one? If you get it working let us know what you did, and good luck.

dpj13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No that didnt work
frown.gif
....im not sure if i have the new 1 or the old 1.....mine is the 1 with the spring in the microSD slot....would it matter which version i had?

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that didnt work
frown.gif
....im not sure if i have the new 1 or the old 1.....mine is the 1 with the spring in the microSD slot....would it matter which version i had?

Well possibly if the spring broke somehow or you didnt insert it correctly. But, try doing a search and see what you can find. If that doesnt work then you gotta invest in a new card most likely.

dead-shot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dpj13 said:
i tried cleaning the contacts on the R4.....but i cant get to the contacts where the microSD goes....nothing happens when i reformat
use cotton fron a cotton swab, only a bit, wrap it around a tootpik and clean, where are the contacts?

mengsta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think its an SD card problem? I was thinking maybe a 4 gig sd card doesnt work on the regular R4? Does it have to be in the SDHC one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.