ROM Hack Frozen browser when installing A9LH

TheCookieLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use an Old3DS with 11.3 and I downgraded it to 2.1, I'm following the steps on 3ds.guide and when the guide asks me to put the url http://2xrsa.3ds.guide, the console freezes, it shows the white browser interface, the botton screen glitches for a second and then it just freezes, I've tried initialize data but it didn't work, they told me to press select and A, I did it but nothing happens, it's still frozen, I've checked my files and everything's all right, what should I do?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use an Old3DS with 11.3 and I downgraded it to 2.1, I'm following the steps on 3ds.guide and when the guide asks me to put the url http://2xrsa.3ds.guide, the console freezes, it shows the white browser interface, the botton screen glitches for a second and then it just freezes, I've tried initialize data but it didn't work, they told me to press select and A, I did it but nothing happens, it's still frozen, I've checked my files and everything's all right, what should I do?
Did you get the arm11.bin file? I believe that's what your running with that url. Also, plug in your 3DS and leave it open until you fix it, just to make sure.

TheCookieLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you get the arm11.bin file? I believe that's what your running with that url. Also, plug in your 3DS and leave it open until you fix it, just to make sure.
Yes, the arm11.bin file is here, I've read that it should be installed if I just press select when the glitch happens, but how do I know it's intalled? Do I get some sort of signal? The guide also says that the console should turn off when I press any button, but that doesn't happen either

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, the arm11.bin file is here, I've read that it should be installed if I just press select when the glitch happens, but how do I know it's intalled? Do I get some sort of signal? The guide also says that the console should turn off when I press any button, but that doesn't happen either
Do you have the file extensions shown ? And can we see a screenshot of the content of your SD card ?

TheCookieLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have the file extensions shown ? And can we see a screenshot of the content of your SD card ?
upload_2017-5-5_19-0-18.png
this is the root, do you need to see a specific folder?
PS: I might not get any other screenshots for now, I'm switching to a different PC that can't read SD cards, I will continue to search on forums and write on this particular post

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-5_18-58-20.png
    upload_2017-5-5_18-58-20.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 211

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After pressing SELECT in the glitched screen, wait 30 seconds, then press START, and the system should turn off.

Also, try holding SELECT while turning on the console, maybe you already installed it. This will bring on the Luma config screen.

The guide has always been wrong about the "Press any button for turning off" part here. It only happens with START.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: arc13

TheCookieLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After pressing SELECT in the glitched screen, wait 30 seconds, then press START, and the system should turn off.

Also, try holding SELECT while turning on the console, maybe you already installed it. This will bring on the Luma config screen.

The guide has always been wrong about the "Press any button for turning off" part here. It only happens with START.
I see, I'll try that, also the 3DS won't turn on with de SD card on, first i have to install a9lh and then i can access luma right?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I see, I'll try that, also the 3DS won't turn on with de SD card on, first i have to install a9lh and then i can access luma right?
So, if you have the SD card inside the console it won't turn on?

Or you mean, if you have it outside the console?

Anyway, try holding select while having the SD card inside to see if you already installed it.

TheCookieLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, if you have the SD card inside the console it won't turn on?

Or you mean, if you have it outside the console?

Anyway, try holding select while having the SD card inside to see if you already installed it.
I've tried the Select+waiting+Start but nothing happened
I tried to hold select while turning on the console but nothing happens, it's confirmed, the console won't turn on if the SD card is inside of it, what I did until now is turn on the console on 2.1 and THEN insert the SD card before going onto the browser

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've tried the Select+waiting+Start but nothing happened
I tried to hold select while turning on the console but nothing happens, it's confirmed, the console won't turn on if the SD card is inside of it, what I did until now is turn on the console on 2.1 and THEN insert the SD card before going onto the browser
Just retry and retry until the SELECT + START works.

I just had to do it for 10 times before it worked last week.

It seems that new URL address is buggy, more than the old address (before, the URL address was a different one)

TheCookieLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll keep trying the Select+Start, so this is the order:
1) I'm on 2.1
2) Go to the browser
3) Go to http://2xrsa.3ds.guide
4) Once the screen freezes, wait and press select
5) Wait for a while, more than 30 seconds
6) Press Start
Is that what you did? And you had to do the same thing 10 times? If everything goes well the console should turn off right? I'll keep trying and inform you

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll keep trying the Select+Start, so this is the order:
1) I'm on 2.1
2) Go to the browser
3) Go to http://2xrsa.3ds.guide
4) Once the screen freezes, wait and press select
5) Wait for a while, more than 30 seconds
6) Press Start
Is that what you did? And you had to do the same thing 10 times? If everything goes well the console should turn off right? I'll keep trying and inform you
Correct.

Also, like someone else could have already said, if it keeps failing and failing even after so many times, you could try using another SD card.

TheCookieLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Correct.

Also, like someone else could have already said, if it keeps failing and failing even after so many times, you could try using another SD card.
Let's say I want to start the process of 3ds.guide all over again, from the very beginning, what would I have to do? BTW before beginning the guide, I made a backup of my 3DS SD card, you know, save files, games and data I had installed on the 3DS previous to the hacking

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let's say I want to start the process of 3ds.guide all over again, from the very beginning, what would I have to do? BTW before beginning the guide, I made a backup of my 3DS SD card, you know, save files, games and data I had installed on the 3DS previous to the hacking
You shouldn't "start from zero", if you are already on 2.1, retry the "Installing arm9loderhax" until you complete it.

Restarting from zero, you would need to recover the backup you did before the CTRTransfer, but I don't recommend doing so without A9LH.

Reactions: TheCookieLord

TheCookieLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't "start from zero", if you are already on 2.1, retry the "Installing arm9loderhax" until you complete it.

Restarting from zero, you would need to recover the backup you did before the CTRTransfer, but I don't recommend doing so without A9LH.
I DID IT! ALL THANKS TO THE COMUNITY AND THE DISCORD SERVER! the arm9 and arm11 files had no filesize, they were corrupt because i used winrar, i will now finish the guide and get a sweet hacked 3ds

Reactions: Olmectron and arc13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-